Requested "special" pictures of my 1,200 mile TTA - Enjoy!

Midwest Muscle

Hey folks, some of you asked me to take pictures of various things on my original 1,200 mile TTA. Sticker on valve cover, spring tags, etc.

I went and snapped a bunch today, hopefully you concourse types find it useful. I just put them on a webpage to make it easier.

If you have any questions, just say the word - I'm more than glad to help out ...

1989 Turbo Trans Am (Items) at Mohotcars.com

Mike M

Better lock it up, phillys going to come steal it. Wow I cant believe your car has all those stickers still. Looks great!

Jason

It might have more, I just had about 25 minutes today so I just snapped the ones I could see at first glance. If I find anything else interesting, I'll just add it to the page.

Hopefully it helps someone out ...

Mike M

Great pictures, seems like Jim will be busy trying to reproduce them all for us :) (Jim I'll buy a set when you're done)

I did not realise the TTA had the sticker on the coil pack, I thought that was on the GN only? Anyone can confirm?

Any chance you could list the serial numbers of your VIN stickers and the location of them as they all look the same but the serial number (lower right corner) is differnt on all stickers. You also find the VIN stickers on the inside of the hood, rear hatch panel and the passanger side door (there's two there one with a bar code).

Cheers

trust me quicky.. Philly ain't got nuttin to worry about.. Id put it up against ANY TTA in the country... ;)

Better lock it up, phillys going to come steal it. Wow I cant believe your car has all those stickers still. Looks great!

Jason

Looks good Mike! It's always nice to see a low mile example in this condition. Sometimes even low miles don't look that good. Just look at what Grumpy can do to a low mile TTA! :eek: :biggrin: :p The thing that suprised me is that my car has all the stickers as yours in the same condition and it's got 29K on it! All depends on the owner(s) and if they even know how to properly store a car. When I had mine appraised last year by Terry Shaw he told me he just did a TTA with 5K on it and they could not even start the car as the injectors were all gummed up. He said mine blew away that 5K car by a mile. I was shocked to hear that after all my TTA had 5 owners! :eek: You have to drive them some every year just to keep things fresh. The only thing I see (and maybe if George see's this he can chime in) is that coil pack. I've never seen a TTA with that coil pack. What is the date on that sticker on top? Looks like 6/3/87 can't tell. But I'm almost 99% sure the TTA's did not come with that sticker like the GN's did. So it's possible the coil pack went bad on a 1200 mile TTA? Now all you need Mike is one of these to that collection!! :cool:

Pictures0007.jpg

yea I guess somehow in 1200 miles the coil pack went bad. They must have popped one off a GN with low miles. Mike I'll sell you an original oem coil pack for one of those owners kits and the glasses :biggrin: :D

Jim, do you have a picture of the stock TTA coilpack? I think I have the stock one and I would trade you straight up if I have one since I couldnt care less if it is stock.

Jason

I wondered about that sticker saying "1987" on top of the coilpack. I'll have to contact the original owner and ask, because he never said anything about it.

Philly, go take a picture of yours - I gotta see it! Maybe I'll have to take some stickers OFF my car ... Wouldn't that be ironic?

And yes, I think properly maintained cars with 'normal' low mileage are probably better cars (and definitely more reliable) than true storage queens. Here's my reference points >>

1. I have an '82 Corvette Collector Edition with 454 miles. It's damn near perfect, but doesn't start and idle nearly as well as the other cars I own. I'd be hard pressed to drive it across the state, not just because I don't want to put miles on it, but I'm not sure I'd trust it long distance.

2. The '89 TTA is as represented, and has just enough miles on it to be right ... But no doubt a few more miles would have probably made it more solid. I'd feel better about driving a 50K mile car hard than I would this one, not just because I don't want to abuse it, but the same answer as above.

3. I also own an '85 IROC-Z with 3,800 miles on it. That's the best starting, idling, and 'newest' feeling vehicle in the entire collection. That thing feels as rock solid and tight as the '01 Viper GTS. Sure it isn't to the same standards of performance or quality, but it feels NEW without feeling fragile.

Yeah, that's the word I was looking for - Fragile. I'm sure these crazy low mileage cars aren't going to just fall apart sitting there, but I'd trust them more as 'drivers' if they had miles on them. But they aren't drivers ...

Mike M

Mike, if Jim can produce pics and I produce pictures and it looks stock, I would be willing to trade if you want. Doesnt matter to me just an offer.

Jason

I can't find a good pic of my coil pack but they don't come with stickers and I've seen many GN's with those stickers on them in the past. Mike I want that IROC! I had many of them in the past and should have kept one along the way but I like that color combo on yours allot! Just peel those stickers off that coil pack and no one will ever know! :cool:

Mike,
Nice photos!
Some day I'll have to go out and take a ton more shots of my car too!
I don't see a photo of the box holding those glasses, but here is mine, that I bought brand new way back when the car was new.
dd47.jpg

My box has cardboard keeping the glasses from hitting each other.
And here's a few plates I have.
1ebb.jpg

I knew about the coil pack, but I didn't want to say anything. Sometimes people get offended by someone saying something.

Enjoy,

George:cool:

Jim,
Sometime I'll break down and get one of those!
But, since I enjoy second gen Trans Ams alot (I have 5 of them), this one will do for now.
6880.jpg

At least it's still a Turbo car!:biggrin: ;)

George:cool: