Reputable pcm vendor?

That GN Guy

Are there any vendors that sell pcms? I'd like to go with a recommended source vs buying something from a random parts store.

The shop working on my car is thinking the pcm is the reason for no injector pulse. I sent them the no start tree from vortexbuicks today because the new TT chip did not fix the issue (needed one anyway). Wether or not the pcm will be needed is to be seen, but I'd like a spare anyways. Thanks folks.

I have one I could send you for testing purposes if you cant locate one fast,
but I would like to have it back. LMK

generally speaking, the ECMs in these cars hardly ever fail.

if they have trouble with the no-start tree, post back or have them. there are a number of things that will cause a no-start, and we have seen (and solved) them all.

what is the current status of:
Check engine light at key on, does it go ON-OFF-ON ?
Got data from the ECM?
Fuel pressure?
spark?
injector pulse?

Bob

Where do you live? I can provide one if you're in Ventura/Santa Barbara area in California

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The car has been sitting outside under a cover for 10 years. I bought the car in 06, drove it for a month or so before an injector stuck open and fried the turbo seal. I had the turbo rebuilt and put it back on, but never got injectors. Its been mothballed ever since.

I asked the shop to get it running enough to where I can move the car on/off a trailer and then up my driveway. The car is in NJ and I am in KY. I don't plan on actually driving it till I can go through it mechanically and ditch the powermaster.

Everything in the fuel tank is new, including the tank. Fuel gauge shows pressure. Injectors are new from turbotweak, as well as the chip. They have spark, but no injector pulse. I haven't asked about the check engine light, but I will next time I talk to them. Haven't asked if pcm is communicating through the aldl either.

I appreciate the offers for a pcm folks, I'll keep that in mind if I can't find a reputable vendor.

The car has been sitting outside under a cover for 10 years. I bought the car in 06, drove it for a month or so before an injector stuck open and fried the turbo seal. I had the turbo rebuilt and put it back on, but never got injectors. Its been mothballed ever since.

I asked the shop to get it running enough to where I can move the car on/off a trailer and then up my driveway. The car is in NJ and I am in KY. I don't plan on actually driving it till I can go through it mechanically and ditch the powermaster.

Everything in the fuel tank is new, including the tank. Fuel gauge shows pressure. Injectors are new from turbotweak, as well as the chip. They have spark, but no injector pulse. I haven't asked about the check engine light, but I will next time I talk to them. Haven't asked if pcm is communicating through the aldl either.

I appreciate the offers for a pcm folks, I'll keep that in mind if I can't find a reputable vendor.
Well. I just bought one... The reputable vendors will offer the same as anyone else. all of the parts, at this time, are refurbished. You won't find a "brand new" one. I did my research. Kirban Performance sells one by Cardone Reman. Highway Stars sells one that says "not by Cardone Reman, but in Canada, of quality." I've asked around here on the forums and they're all good. AutoZone actually had the Cardone Reman refurbished one available via phone/in-store order... It's item #77-7148
You need to make sure you take out the two chips on your ECM... The larger one that TurboTweak has done for you and the smaller one to the side of it and put them in your new one. People, including myself, don't notice the smaller one and you'll throw an engine code MAL 52, I believe. There was nothing wrong with my old one.. Just wanted to rule something out that happened to be related. I can fedex overnight to you if you'd like to give it a shot. Let me know.

There's a guy on E-bay that sells them for $50 each. AVICORE. Look him up. I've had good luck with his parts. He seems to sell only original never remanufactured (best option), or genuine GM remanufactured, or remanufactured for GM by an authorized remanufacturer. Look closely at the photos, it's the only way to tell what it is.

Avoid the CARDONE stuff. JUNK. Best units are original GM, preferably never remanufactured.

nice clean junkyard pulls are what I look for.

Someone in NJ with some experience with these may be able to lend a hand. I'm too far away.

if it has spark, and is properly timed, then it should start briefly if they squirt some fuel into it.

if the TPS is stuck at WOT you will not get any cranking pulses, due to clear-flood mode. If the ECM is brain dead then you will get no pulses, but the CEL on-off-on test, and the serial data test will give you an idea if its working. bad orange wire from the battery, bad ignition switch, broken or rusted ECM pin.

lots of things to check.

Bob

Spoke to the shop earlier today and gave them the autozone part number. Seemed like the best option at the time. I couldn't guarantee the shop wouldn't lose or damage someone's loaner so I decided against it. No communication through the aldl port, and no word on the check engine light. Power and ground to the pcm checked out. It did start for a few seconds on the first attempt, then no injector pulse. So I'm hoping the new pcm will solve the issue. I'll keep this updated when I hear back, thanks again fellas.

Get the car to a reputable turbo regal shop
Taking it to a regular general repair shop probably won't be able to figure out the no start situation just saying

Get the car to a reputable turbo regal shop
Taking it to a regular general repair shop probably won't be able to figure out the no start situation just saying
X2

Many of my clients are mechanics, and have looked under the hood just to see "the great Grand National" and the "bitchin turbo." Their first statement out of their mouths after the oooohs and aaahhhs goes a little like this: "I would never work on one of these, and if I said I could I'd be full of shit."

Update:

The new pcm is in and that fixed the problem. It now starts and moves. Next time I go back to Jersey I'll be trailoring it home. Thanks for all the info and help folks.

Very nice, love a happy ending. Good luck with your ride,take it home and get it running the way it supposed to.