Reproduction look-a-like Stock radio?

Any decent stereo theif will know the Kenwood is a real stereo and will rip it right out. Face plates aren't terribly hard to replace, often times you can find them on ebay. The only problem with stealing a stereo without a faceplate is that you don't know if it's a ****ty unit or not.

Yup- don't ya know- the thieves know about the latest (and old school) hidden face radios, and all that good stuff......

I got my radio from Kirbans a few years back, wanted to keep the stock look with a CD player.

Attachments

• P4050082.jpg
    P4050082.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 480
I just took the aftermarket Pioneer cd player out of my GN, and put the original tape deck back in. Upgraded the speakers to a nice set of Kenwoods front and rear, and a Sony trunk cd changer with FM modulator. Now I can play cds through the head unit, and keep the stock look. Not too expensive: the cd changer was about $200, and the speakers $100. I had the tape deck sitting on a shelf, so it was free.

I got my radio from Kirbans a few years back, wanted to keep the stock look with a CD player.

That's the same radio I put in my GN. I bought mine off eBay for $375 +$25 for the wiring adapter, and $15 shipping charges on top of that. I personally like the factory appearance with the ability to play CDs.

if you can find a chevrolet cd of that era.buicks,pontiac,etc were black....

I have a stock cd player but want to know what kind of wire harness to get all i have is the radio no factory plug??

if the plugs are still on car you just need the adaptor plug/antenna adaptor.i have some,pm me.

I have a stock cd player but want to know what kind of wire harness to get all i have is the radio no factory plug??

I have the stock headunit, and use a FM modulator to play the cd changer (which is in the trunk) through it. The control for the changer is hidden in the ashtray, so when you look in the car, everything is totally stock. I upgraded the speakers: Kenwoods in the dash, and a set of Pioneers in the rear. Didn't spend very much money, and the sound is pretty good.

In my low mileage Limited T, I've been using the exact radio-c/d player peteraq1 shows in the picture above. I've also been using another radio-c/d without the graphic equalizer in my low mileage GN. I purchased both from Kirban, complete with wiring harnesses. I've been very happy with both and like the original appearance. I have decided to try to keep the miles down on both of these cars & haven't been driving as much, so have have removed these radios and have re-installed the originals. I hope to have some pictures and plan to post on the "parts for sale" board this weekend. Let me know if you're interested. I'll have them at Bowling Green, if I don't sell them before I go.

Oh yeah. Thats the ticket. I have a partial McIntosh system right now. Cleanest audiophile stuff around, both home and car. I actually live near their manufacturing plant/studio/research lab here in NY. Plus, being a sound engineer in college, Im planning on taking the plant tour when I can. My Mc is probably one of the nicest things I have ever bought, and worth every penny.

Oh yeah. Thats the ticket. I have a partial McIntosh system right now. Cleanest audiophile stuff around, both home and car. I actually live near their manufacturing plant/studio/research lab here in NY. Plus, being a sound engineer in college, Im planning on taking the plant tour when I can. My Mc is probably one of the nicest things I have ever bought, and worth every penny.

How much are we talkin'?

I think that is the best looking factory stereo from that era. The later one from the trucks and Blazer also has the adapitive speed volume or something correct? If I am not mistaken it increases the volume to compensate for road noise. Gary, that's the slickest trick I've seen :eek: Some decks such as Eclipse decks do not have detachable faceplates. They have security code thing but they will still get stolen and your interior or door/glass will get messed up. That's the perfect solution.