Repro GN emblems

Trim Parts is an authorized, ie licensed by GM, manufacturer,
and I worked with them to make floor mats with the GM emblem.
I gave them an original out of my 85 and I think they still sell them.
Their parts are made in Ohio, I have toured their factory.
They make mostly Chevy stuff and aren't interested in doing
much for us. The carpet/mats are common to other GM lines
and that is why they did them. Any interest, I can dig up their
telephone #. HTH

GBodyParts.com Online

Discontined through GM? :redface: Yep we are the guys who made them discontinued!;)

One thing I've noticed about these "Reproductions" is the quality is a little off when compared to the OEM part. A little ragged around the edges, the lines aren't as crisp,etc......

The big problem reproducing emblems and name plates are the cost of the license for the trade marks. Now why the heck doesn't somebody hi-jack this thread about waving the flag and supporting the guys here at home? We all can guess how much of the price of these emblems is profit compared to material and labor costs.:mad: Quite a double standard some of us have,aint it?
Eric- are just the "T" emblems discontinued or are the GN fender emblems also discontinued as stated in the Ebay auction?

Eric- are just the "T" emblems discontinued or are the GN fender emblems also discontinued as stated in the Ebay auction?

T emblems ,86 T emblems,rear 3.8sfi for the trunk lid on a turbo regal & the Regal quarter panel emblem we discontinued.
The reason we did this is so you wouldn't see them at $100.00 each on e-bay.
We did mark them up & are making a profit but not outragous.

GN Fender emblems are still available.
black passenger side marker lights are still available as well. They just state made in mainland China now from GM. Ask me how I figured that 1 out $ :mad:

Lower bumper marker lights are the same made in Chine via GM. Other Gbodies are the same way now. Most lights are being built thru GM in China.

hood emblems went on back order for a few months then re-appeared in GM stock.

On a semi-related note... a couple years ago at BG, 88ZNX was doing a few cars (paintless dent repair)... under the last bay of Cal's tent.....and a guy came over with a GN with a paint job unlike any I have EVER seen..... paint still looked wet.....someone had hand painted the GN emblems on the fenders.... and I swear you could get 2' away... and couldn't hardly tell it.... you had to put your hand on it and rub it to feel it was smooth. I couldn't believe it...

kirbans 2 cents worth to some of the above comments. First the company on ebay advertising the repro GN fender emblems is not Trim Parts. Trim Parts is a well established company that specilaizes in emblems and such for many years all GM licensed and have paid their dues.

The one marketing them on ebay is a company am not familar with nor of their quality. Gbodyparts.com is correct while many customers insist on GM parts you would be amazed today at the various countries that make parts under the GM logo. Dealing not just in turbo regal parts we buy Corvette parts that get chrome plated and the hood latches on the C5 Corvettes (1997-2004) now say MADE IN KOREA. Those cars are not that old.

I have seen Buick parts say China, India and other countries. As far as the sfi hood emblems go, we had them made 2-3 years back. They are dead on correct even spelled rite! Based on the ebay listing of them it appears that another company has made them also as we do not sell them to them and my source makes them only for us. We probably sell them to other Buick companies that may of you buy from. But that emblem was plastic so investment was not a tremendous amount of money and actually my supplier makes alot of non GM related parts for us.

I think the rule of thumb for GM pars in the system is like 7-10 years after that they are not obligated to keep parts available. Again I am going by memory on that statement. Companies like BMW you can buy parts for cars built 30 years ago and longer in some cases.

Production is a game of numbers the greater the numbers out there the greater the return for a companies investment.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

owned more than a few over the years and 8 real GNXs.

kirbans 2 cents worth to some of the above comments. First the company on ebay advertising the repro GN fender emblems is not Trim Parts. Trim Parts is a well established company that specilaizes in emblems and such for many years all GM licensed and have paid their dues.

The one marketing them on ebay is a company am not familar with nor of their quality. Gbodyparts.com is correct while many customers insist on GM parts you would be amazed today at the various countries that make parts under the GM logo. Dealing not just in turbo regal parts we buy Corvette parts that get chrome plated and the hood latches on the C5 Corvettes (1997-2004) now say MADE IN KOREA. Those cars are not that old.

I have seen Buick parts say China, India and other countries. As far as the sfi hood emblems go, we had them made 2-3 years back. They are dead on correct even spelled rite! Based on the ebay listing of them it appears that another company has made them also as we do not sell them to them and my source makes them only for us. We probably sell them to other Buick companies that may of you buy from. But that emblem was plastic so investment was not a tremendous amount of money and actually my supplier makes alot of non GM related parts for us.

I think the rule of thumb for GM pars in the system is like 7-10 years after that they are not obligated to keep parts available. Again I am going by memory on that statement. Companies like BMW you can buy parts for cars built 30 years ago and longer in some cases.

Production is a game of numbers the greater the numbers out there the greater the return for a companies investment.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

owned more than a few over the years and 8 real GNXs.

I have bought a pair of Dennis's 3.8 SFI TURBO hood emblems for my 86 GN and they look great and at $19.95 a pair a BARGAIN!! I have been very satified with EVERYTHING that I have bought from him!!!!

I just got the emblems in today..They look awesome..I can,t believe how well they look. Didn,t realize how heavy they are.

I got a set of three emblems off of the ebay sellers website for $40 each. They came in yesterday and are awesome repros. If we are getting nit picky there is one thing off about the metal is thicker than original. I compared them to my original emblems and they are a fantastic repro. $120 for a set of three was fantastic too. I emailed the seller on ebay because I didn't need the intercooled emblems, just the three GN emblems.

My pics stink but Repro on top

P1030055-1.jpg

P1030058-1.jpg

P1030062-1.jpg

WOW! More pics they look awesome! I think I'll order a set just to see at that price! :D I have 3 sets of NOS GM ones left I've been sitting on just in case but it sure looks like they did these repro's right!!

When I get back from the lake, I will get some pictures on here..I think they look great..Very good quality.

GM or any other manufacturer selling in the US is only obligated to make parts for as long as they offer the warranty. That means back in 87 they were only obligated to offer parts for our cars for 12 months or 12K miles. But of course common sense dictates that you should keep making parts until it becomes unprofitable. Which is why I find the BMW comment rather funny. I'm not into BMW platforms but I swear those E36 or what ever the 80's vintage 3-Series are, are the German equalvalent of the Vega. I kid you not. While you may be hard pressed to find them now but years ago a quick trip through any boneyard would have net you more Euro-Trash than J-cars on any given day. I often wonder when I read about the amount of profit GM is makingin China, how much of that is from replacement parts for 25 year old and older cars.:eek:

Hood Emblems

Just saw this thread and seen some real nice products offered. I would like to add some of the ones I sell.

These are One Piece emblems with a 3M backing.

Made from Acrylic with the Brushed Stainless Steel look, raised and sized just like the originals!

Hood Emblems are sold in sets of Two for $75.00 (shipped)

Contact me if anyone is intrested.

Scot W.

3.8 Sfi Turbo

I forgot to mention that We WILL be doing the 3.8 SFI TURBO emblems also.

If anyone needs any please feel free to contact me at:

GNS@charter.net

Thank You,

Scot W.

Curious you doing them exactly like originals?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Dennis we are doing them as close as we can to the originals. The originals were made using a mold, Seeing that the cost of making just one mold is Crazy Expensive we are doing them a different way. We have the font VERY,VERY close (as you can see in the pictures) and the hight & width are dead on. We continue to tweek the process to achive the best looking and most accurate emblem possible for any year ,make, model of vehicle.

Scot W.

Weird how this turned into a commercial for totally different emblems :eek: :biggrin:

Just messing guys, I love your products Scott and order from Dennis every year:tongue: