Replacing front seats, looking for opinions

Trannyman95

A month or so back I thought I read a few guys that did F-body front seats in their cars but I am not having any luck finding anything on this. I am looking for different front seats for my Cutlass. I currently have early 90s Sunbird seats which are very light but also a bit on the narrow side coming from a smaller car, but they do hug you fairly well. I am looking for something a bit more comfortable that still holds you in place while corner carving and I thought of the F-body seat info that I read earlier they seemed to be the ticket. If anyone has any insight or pics to these or other recommended seats I am open to suggestions!

Havent done it yet but from all the info i gathered, your best bet would be the trans am leather or firebird cloth seats. you can pick up a set on ebay, craigslist, or LKQ - salvage yards. Should be easy to find, good luck.

btw, this mod is on my list...
:cool:

Well at least a question I can help with. There are 3 kinds of F bod seats in the 4th gens. Camaro, Firebird and Trans am. The WS6 TAs have an airbag for the side bolsters and lower back and power seats. These are the most expensive and offer the best sport car like feel. I have these in my 00TA. The Firebird seats are similar to the Camro seats, both can be power but not much side bolster. In keeping with the GN style head rest the Firebird would offer the most similar look with a modern feel. I have these seats in my 94 TA that I had redone in 2tone leather. These firebird seats are easy to find and could be had cheap. Most of them are cloth.

A while ago, while I was browsing through the GN's for sale on Ebay, I found one in which the owner had installed Porsche Carrera seats and I thought it looked very nice!...Here are some pics of it...

Hope this helps!

Claude.

That looks clean. I like the door panels. I think the Firebird seats would better this way the head rests could have the GN logo. My buddy works for katskin but I want to build a stock int.

Thanks for the info on the seats! I looked at some 95 Camaro seats last weekend that someone I know had laying around and they looked pretty plain and the drivers side had a torn cover so I passed. Def great to know the info on the seat differences