replacing factory 10 gauge wire did wonders

Check the red battery terminal. The corrosion hides inside. "Replacing factory 10 gauge wire did wonders" bypasses the corrosion.
My terminal looked good, but on closer inspection, it was slightly swollen. You wouldn't believe what was inside.
I'm with the electrical engineers on this one. Great to have them!!!

Not much I can add to this thread other than to confirm you cannot determine the condition of the wire by looking at it. I had a 2008 GMC Denali that was doing all kinds of crazy MES. Sometimes no start. Door locks operating while driving, gauges moving trans shifting, engine dying, etc. I searched and found people had similar problem due to a bad negative batter cable. The truck was only 4 years old. No signs of corrosion. I cleaned and tightened the connections but the problem continued. Took it to the dealership who charged me about $150.00 for a diagnostics and another $130 for a new negative battery cable and the problem was solved. Somewhere inside that fancy expensive cable was a defect. I'm going to be replacing my cables this weekend just in case.