replacing a turbo...

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
soon i am going to be throwing a used Te-44 on my car. i was wondering is there any suprises that i should be expecting when i install it? it has the actuator already on it, so i dont have to fight with the stock actuator on a 44. i got a new oil line to go to the turbo. some one told me when i replace the turbo that it is recommened that i replace the metal flexable hose that runs to the turbo. should i change this? or is it not nessicary?

any thing else i should be waiting for?

thanks

-Neil

Proper tools are a important, flex line if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Where the elbow connects to downpipe i have stripped the threads once.
Just take your time and hope for no leaks.

There are two different type of gasket for that area copper and
composite check in the search area or vendors. I've used the
composite with great success.

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
is there a gasket between the turbo and the header?

thanks

-Neil

NO, and if someone hasn't put one on there from before, DON'T put one in.

It's a pretty simple swap. One of the biggest pains is getting the bolts started in the turbo bracket where it attaces to the motor. It takes a long extension (no jokes about long extensions please :p ) and a little patience to make sure you have the ground strap positioned correctly.

There are two different type of gasket for that area copper and

i blew one of them copper ones in half some how :rolleyes: but hey, atleast the wastegate is already done. i spent 8 hours with a bunch of bolts, washers,a welder, and a grinder before i got the job done and even after that i stripped out a bolt that went in to the compresser. other then whats already done its pretty much a stright forward remove a bolt replace a bolt job, no custom work needed but there will be a few bolts that will be kind of hard to reach.