Replacement O2 Sensor For PLX SM-AFR

cbird77

'86 WH1 what?
Where's the best place to get a replacement wideband O2 sensor for the PLX SM-AFR module. Is it possible to get one at a local parts house or does it have a proprietary connector on it. After Googlin, found Bosch #17014. Will this one work right out of the box?

As long it has the right plug it will work , plug and play on PLX .That number looks like it will work by the picture .

That's what I thought too...I'm gonna pull it and take it with me to match it up.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Where did you find it how much? I looked on amazon and saw 50 bucks.

Oreillys showing it for around 50 bucks.

True, but they use different connectors. I believe PLX has two connector designs.

I guess it depends when I Made the switch to from innovate to plx I just plugged up to the existing wb02 sensor since I had just changed it

BS17014.jpg

I was just browsing some sites because I think I need one now also. 17205 is the right one with the square connector. PLX no longer supports it so local sourcing is the only way to get one. $112, yikes!! Even worse than that is the Denso equivalent with a part number of 234-5002, and they cost around $125. I guess because these part numbers cross to Cadillac for the most part is why they're so pricey.

Wish somebody knew of a cheaper alternative. Attached is a picture of the earlier model that PLX sold (to most of us) with the square connector referenced in my previous paragraph.

LSU 4.2.jpg

The amazon link up a few posts still has one available for $81.??

Rock auto has them for 79.79 then you can find 5% off codes too but amazon is probably less with free shipping

I'll see how my Amazon order comes out. Just ordered it under Standard Brands part number SG-1574 for $63

Couldn't you change the connector to the newer style. Just extract the pins and swap them over. Id call and ask them if it would work. I'm talking the car harness side

Couldn't you change the connector to the newer style. Just extract the pins and swap them over. Id call and ask them if it would work. I'm talking the car harness side
I suppose that's possible, assuming one could figure out and find the correct extraction tool.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

AEM uses that square plug also, might cross it over to a cheaper source

dave, where is your PLX grounded?

what does the PL show the AFR is while the PLX is warming up?

Bob