replacement headliner

But how do you even break them without bending the metal? Thanks for the tips

I left the trim piece in the front alone, I removed the side quarter glass plastic trim pieces to get to the back trim piece, if you pull the trim down you can just get in there to squeeze the clips (they are like a plastic arrow, they pop in easy but a bitch to get out), the side trim you push to the side pretty firmly and it unhooks from one side of trim edge. I broke about 4 or 5 clips when I did mine. Recline the seats all the way back and once you are able to drop it down, bring it out the passenger side, careful, the board is styrofoam like material.

Smokin-6, did you have to take the seat belt off to get the 1/4 trim off? I took out my old headliner last night but could not manage to get the 1/4 trim loose and since I am not reusing my origonal headliner I pryed it from one side and managed to get it out. I also didnt remove the front or rear trim just the sides and A and pillar. Another question how did you go about cutting all the holes in the new headliner for the coat hangers, map light, and visors? I thought about using the old liner as a template but that ahdesive is sooo nasty I dont want it to get all over the new liner. Thanks for the help

Good to see people are taking on this task. I plan on ordering the piece from Mikes Montes so I hope the maroon matches well enough. My car just went to sleep for the winter, so I am compiling parts for spring shape-up.

The headliner is nice but my only complaint is there are no holes in it. I am not sure if Gbody or any of the other vendors headliners have the holes pre-cut, if so it would be worth the extra $. Also I am a boob and didn't realize that I had a vanity mirror on the passenger side until I went to take it off last night, I ordered replacement visors so they would match the headliner so looks like I will be loosing the vanity mirror option.

I will post some pics when its all done. You can def tackle it by yourself I got it out in about an hour probably going to take triple to get it back in :eek:

Smokin-6, did you have to take the seat belt off to get the 1/4 trim off? I took out my old headliner last night but could not manage to get the 1/4 trim loose and since I am not reusing my origonal headliner I pryed it from one side and managed to get it out. I also didnt remove the front or rear trim just the sides and A and pillar. Another question how did you go about cutting all the holes in the new headliner for the coat hangers, map light, and visors? I thought about using the old liner as a template but that ahdesive is sooo nasty I dont want it to get all over the new liner. Thanks for the help

How did you manage to get the side metal trim off on the driver's and passenger's side? I haven't figured this out yet. I have the back metal trim piece off and the b-pillar side window trim off ... I just need to get the metal trim off so I can remove the a-pillar trim. I have tried pushing, pulling, yanking, etc. ;) I hope I can leave the front metal trim on somehow as others have done. I am not being too careful because a replacement is going in rather than a re-cover.

I broke all three clips on the back metal trim. Good thing I have some replacements.

How did you manage to get the side metal trim off on the driver's and passenger's side? I haven't figured this out yet. I have the back metal trim piece off and the b-pillar side window trim off ... I just need to get the metal trim off so I can remove the a-pillar trim. I have tried pushing, pulling, yanking, etc. ;) I hope I can leave the front metal trim on somehow as others have done. I am not being too careful because a replacement is going in rather than a re-cover.

I broke all three clips on the back metal trim. Good thing I have some replacements.

To get the left and right sides off you grab with both hands and push up, I believe (it has been a few years since I did this) with equal pressure along it's length. You are trying to just get the lip off of the plastic clips. Don't break these clips because they are real hard to find. The front and rears can be bought but not the sides.

Thanks for the tip. I stood outside the car and squeezed where I thought the clips might be. Squeezing toward me while pushing up did the trick. Amazingly, I didn't break any of the clips on either side (3 each). I broke all three in the rear window metal trim piece but I had ordered replacements because I knew I would. :)

Thanks for the tip. I stood outside the car and squeezed where I thought the clips might be. Squeezing toward me while pushing up did the trick. Amazingly, I didn't break any of the clips on either side (3 each). I broke all three in the rear window metal trim piece but I had ordered replacements because I knew I would. :)

You are welcome. Here is another tip: When you reinstall the front and rear metal trim pieces put the plastic clips in the trim piece first, do not put them in the roof first. There are little cut-outs on the lip of the trim piece. Place the clips there and they will line up with the slots in the roof.

Year One

I got mine from year one and it fit well and matched even better. Took less than an hour to swap out.

How is the quality of the aftermarket sun visors? Are they an exact match to the OEM? My passenger mirror is illuminated. Is it possible to replace the aftermarket non-illum mirror with my old mirror?

Also, I was confused on the color. Which is the correct color for the GN?

The headliner is the last thing I need to get the exterior and interior restored.

hello people; Has anyone got one of those ABS headliners with the moonroof cutout? I was wondering how it worked out.
thanks
IBBY