Replacement Coil Springs

coil springs

Have seen a few fast cars with Moog replacement springs. I put them on my car and like them. Little stiffer than my tired stockers and did not break the bank

Have seen a few fast cars with Moog replacement springs. I put them on my car and like them. Little stiffer than my tired stockers and did not break the bank

Which Moog part numbers are recommended front and rear? Jegs lists:

Front - 5598, 5600, 5606
Rear - 5379, CC679 (variable rate)

I run ATR's rate springs, there the Bomb! stock height, i put 1" drop ebich springs in an hated them,took them right back out! Now i need to find a 1" drop rear rate spring now to level my car out

Enjoy!

The Federal-Mogul/Moog website has very little for description of the properties of the different front springs (5598, 5600, 5606).

Anyone reading this thread know where these Moog PNs are described?

The Federal-Mogul/Moog website has very little for description of the properties of the different front springs (5598, 5600, 5606).

Anyone reading this thread know where these Moog PNs are described?

I recently found the following descriptions of the Moog PN's

5598 - V6 gbody w/o AC
5600 - V6 gbody w/ AC
5606 - V6 gbody w/ AC - heavy duty

source = Rock Auto online cat.

I would go with the moog springs. Some guys on Oldspower.com have used S10 springs in the front with good success.

FYI ....I bought the polyurethane rear upper control arm bushings from Energy suspension but ended up sending them back. The OD created a .040" interference fit and without the correct lead in, there was no way they were going to fit in the rear end housing ears without wrecking something. I ended up using some new 1LE Camaro bushings which fit perfectly and don't transmit rear end noise into the car like the PU ones do. Good luck. Just trying to save you some pain.

thanks for the heads-up on the Energy Suspension control arm bushings. i hope i don't see that problem, but will check for it.

0.04" isn't much material to remove from the ID of the control arm hole, but the next replacement might be 0.04" sloppy.