Replaced my Caddy

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
For those that saw my "Pity Party" thread, you'd be aware of some recent 'challenges' life has tossed my way. Most recently, I totaled my Caddy in a collision with the chief of police.

I figured I deserved a mid-life crisis car. So I got this:

ta-1.jpg

ta-2.jpg

ta-4.jpg

It's an '02 with 38k miles on it. All stock except a Flowmaster exhaust. It's a 6-speed with a factory Hurst shifter.

Anyone familiar with the F-body convertibles? There's piece of plastic I don't know what to do with?

plastic_thing.jpg

Should be a nice diversion for a little while.

Jim

Saw the pity party thread...looks like you're headed in the right direction...nice car!!!! :biggrin:

congrats:D ...let me know when you get tired of the 2nd gear lockout :mad: and ill show how to delete that......

congrats:D ...let me know when you get tired of the 2nd gear lockout :mad: and ill show how to delete that......

I'm there. My dad and brother have/had several late-model F-bodies. There's a CAGS eliminator thingy, right?

Jim

I'm there. My dad and brother have/had several late-model F-bodies. There's a CAGS eliminator thingy, right?

Jim

i just unplugged the solenoid and installed a resistor...the best i remember(7 years ago i had a 99 ls1 camaro)... they make a plug and play deal now,thats probably what your referring to now...

a little nos,k&n,flow master,egr tube shortened, and i did some 7.90's (8th)with the factory tires....on my first try....fun cars

Congrats, looks like a nice one! The plastic thing looks to be the "boot", or the cover for the top when the top is down.

Congrats, looks like a nice one! The plastic thing looks to be the "boot", or the cover for the top when the top is down.

The boot for the top is in the bag in the trunk, that peice just seperates the conertable top from the trunk. should be some clips that hold it there

Nice car. I still would like to have a black on black Trans AM with an LS1 and a 6 speed. Except I'd want mine to be a hard top. Yeah i know I'm dreaming again. Oh well....

Very nice, used to be in love with those cars. I remember requesting to have brochures and the VHS promo tape sent to my house when those first came out.

Thanks everyone. I sold my Mustang GT convertible 10 years ago when my wife and I bought this house. I figured it would be suitable to get another convertible at this stage of my life. The kids love it, too.

I got some advice on that plastic thing on LS1.com. It's still not clear to me how it goes, but I know where to look now. I have both retainers, but one had fallen off in that pic. The gyrations the manufacturers go through to make a hardtop a convertible fascinate me. Especially the 'trunk' where the hatch would be.

Jim

Nothing like getting a new car to boost your spirits. Looks fun.

I'm TurboJimmy's brother and I went with him to pick up the car. It was good find. When I first climbed in it it brought back memories from when I had my WS6. It's very clean and bone stock like a new car. If he ever decides to unload it, I'll be first in line. :biggrin:

ive been looking for the right trans am for a few months myself has to be a convert, 6 speed, and id prefer a WS6. Wish i would have never sold my 98 ws6 ttops car. :mad: Anyone have any leads let me know.

Nice car, but I bet you will miss your caddy. I had a 99 STS and when I got rid of it as my DD i missed it not a ton of power but so comfortable and didn't have to drop down in the seat thoses cars are too low , my joints do not flex that well anymore:confused:Have fun with it though

ive been looking for the right trans am for a few months myself has to be a convert, 6 speed, and id prefer a WS6. Wish i would have never sold my 98 ws6 ttops car. :mad: Anyone have any leads let me know.

PM sent

Bryan

Nice car, but I bet you will miss your caddy. I had a 99 STS and when I got rid of it as my DD i missed it not a ton of power but so comfortable and didn't have to drop down in the seat thoses cars are too low , my joints do not flex that well anymore:confused:Have fun with it though

Yes, the Caddy and the TA are two totally different animals. It amazes me how primitive the TA is compared to the Caddy - and the Caddy was older! In a way, I like the simplicity better. I do miss the back up assist, heated seats, cushy ride and actually being able to see out of the car (the convertible has huge blind spots).

My dad is 67-years-old and drives a '99 Camaro SS. He loves it. I figure if he can drop himself into those low seats, then I can too! I love the sound of the V8 and the 6-speed.

I'm keeping my Buick at my dad's house until I can get rid of the Caddy. Yesterday I drove the TA over there to swap it for the Buick. As soon as I left my dad's driveway in the Buick, I was reminded how slow that TA really is :D . But it's fun anyway. Winter will be another story, but I like it for now.

Jim