Replaced ECM Connectors

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
After having a roll bar install this past winter , my ECM was laying out on the passenger floor after being moved for welding purposes . After putting it back in the kick panel , I had 2 fail to start episodes and one while driving the car shut off .... dead . After talking to John Spina & Bob Bailey at RC's shop , I decided to replace the ECM connectors . I ordered the the connectors from Caspers Electronics and got them in 2 days . These connectors are high quality with 12" flying leads all color coded to match the factory wire harness and heavy duty adhesive lined shrink tubing cut to length for splices . Also included is a picture of both sides of the 2 connectors , labeled with what the wires go to ( I'm stashing that picture for future reference ) .
Thanks to John Spina ( Caspers Eletronics ) for a top quality product .

The mess
DSCN0632.JPG

Repair connector
DSCN0630.JPG

Can I get a better shot at the wiring schematic it would help me out a ton.

PM me if you can.

Don't be surprised if the wires don't match. Have the stock wiring diagram handy. LOL

From what I can see in the pic, your stock plugs don't look bad...

Here is a better picture

Attachments

• 20180520_223105.jpg
    20180520_223105.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 133
  • 20180520_223057.jpg
    20180520_223057.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 145
From what I can see in the pic, your stock plugs don't look bad...[/QUOTE]

Only one or two were different , but I did 1 for 1 on the wires and checked pin location for each . That way they could have been all the same color and it wouldn't have mattered .
The connection at the ECM was intermittent on the +12v orange wire .