Removing wheel locks (No key)

Hammer231

Boost Junkie
Bonehead move of the day. I lost the friggin' key for my wheel locks after putting on the MT ET streets. :rolleyes: I've always been careful not to lose sight of the little bastard but I guess senility is setting in. Is there an easy way to get them off when I'm ready to mount up the street tires again? Any ideas that don't involve channel locks?

tool

They make a socket that looks like it has twisted fluting inside, tap it on and the fluting tightens as you try and remove the nut. Like an inverted easy out. Snap-on if I remember right.

How about contacting the manufacturer of the lock, telling him what happened, providing satisfactory proof of ownership, and having him supply a replacement key? I doubt you're the first person on the planet who's been in this predicament. The manufacturer has likely dealt with this time and time again.

strike

Grind the chrome off and weld a nut on

Just about anybody who sells tires has a lock removal tool. Take the car to your nearest tire store and its a 5 minute wait.

Thanks for the replies. I ran it over to the local tire shop and they had a key that fit. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.

yup, I had to do that with my fox body, then they wouldnt let me leave without me getting someone to take me over to buy a set of four nuts.