Removing rear wheel studs??

jooset

I've done some searching but haven't been able to find out:

1. If you can remove the studs (rear) with the axles on the car, and
2. How to do it.

I've got new studs I could get them on with the axles in the car but don't know how to 'safely' get the old studs off.

Any recommendations would be appreciated...tools, techniques, etc.

Thanks!

Just knock them out with a hammer. If you want to spare the axle the shock, just wedge a hammer handle or piece of wood beween the axle flange and the backing plate before you hit the stud. They come out pretty easily.

lug bolts

Hi ,
Bang them out with a hammer, they're not in there THAT tight. when installing the new ones, use a flat washer and lots of antiseize. Also, use a lugnut you don't care about, since you're going to throw it out afterwards anyway. The antiseize really helps the process, shouldn't take more than 25 minutes a side.
Dale

Maybe I'm a whimp? Just for grins, I tried one stud earlier this evening. Soaked it with BreakLoose for a while, then gave it a few generous whacks with my BFH (used a spare lug nut I have to diffuse the blow and save the threads....in case it wouldn't come out and I needed to get the wheel back on, good thing). Didn't even budge.

After beating on the front spindles most of the weekend (doing my front brake upgrade)...I think car is getting a complex :)

Matt