Removing heater box wiring

karolko

I think this is going to be really hard to explain, but i will give it a try.

Like some of you, i have take out the heater box and A/C unit in my car. Now all the wiring that was associated with that stuff goes to two main connectors behind the firewall. One connector holds the heavier gauge wiring, and the second one i believe goes to the control unit above the radio.

Also when i got the car, i noticed that there were a couple of plugs and relays now living behind the firewall as well: one of them was a black, round connector, that i believe use to go to some sensor on the evaporator. This plug was also jumpered by a little piece of wire. and the second is about 1"x2"x1" and holds a bunch of the heavy guage wires. (i believe this one use to be bolted up to the heater box itself.

So here is my question: can i unplug ass this wiring and chuck it. Also what is that piece of wire doing in that black plug? is it for the scanmaster?

Help me please.

The black round plug sounds like the one that went to the A/C pressure switch found on the drier. Sometimes people run a wire between the plug to make the compressor kick on to take in refrigerant during a recharge, but once enough pressure was in the system it should have been removed......unless the switch was defective and someone didn't want to run thru the hassle of having to evacuate the system to replace the switch.

The Scanmaster hooks directly to the ALDL connector found under the driver side dash...as well as a hot (red) to a switched 12VDC source (usually the fuse block) and the ground.

If you post pics of the other wires in question someone here should be able to help.

adrian the wire is a jumper so you can use the ac controls to adjust the turbo tweak chip.

Alright Matt, thanks for letting me know. Since i will be going the XFI route, i guess i can take that all out.