Remove booster rod?!?

Pitbozz

GR8WHYT
Okay....doing the vacuum conversion and it says to remove the booster rod. What the phuck is the booster rod? Is it the arm from the powermaster connecting to the pedal, held on by a cotter pin? If it is, that little phucker won't slide off. Any tips?

I didn't use any part of the old PM

I bought Red Regals kit and it had everything I needed,
can't see why you would need the rod from the PM,
did your vac unit have a rod from the peddle to the vac unit?
(not the old PM rod) you might give John (red regal) a holler and ask him .
I do know you need to change the peddle assy to the vac style peddle.
HTH

OH,, you WILL like the new brakes!!!!

I used a set of needle nose angled pliers to get mine off. I couldnt get it to go back in all the way though, so I think Im gonna buy a new cotter pin that has a little more give to it.

It's the push rod that attaches to the pedal. Okay to do the vacuum swap you also need to use the correct pedal. Remove the pivot bolt and pull the hair pin off. Now you have some more room to wiggle the rod off. Attach the new rod to the correct pedal and than put the pivot bolt back in. In that order.

You can not, and should not use the PM pedal with the vacuum booster.

Thanks for the replies guys. I used a kit from Red Regal (THANKS!) and got it finished. The rod did not want to come off the pedal. That was one of the harder parts of the swap. That and on one of the bolts holding the saddle to the firewall, there was a locking starwasher thingy on top of the bolt. It was holding a clump of wires and was a pain in the ass to get off the bolt.

And I absolutely, without a doubt, 100% recommend that you remove the seat. I don't think I could have done the swap with the seat in.