Relocating to Houston Area....finally

zeus87gn

Automotive Neurosurgeon
Hello Texas!

Well my company has me relocating to Houston in the near future (as soon as the house in Ga. sells) and I will need to find some help. I have some friends and folks lined up to help, but I could use some input from you guys over there. I need covered transport for the GN.

I took out the TTop seals not to long ago to change them out and found gaping rust holes (go figure). Shortly after that my company says 6mo and I need to be in Houston. So I put the GN to the side for the time being. The ttop seals and retainers are still removed and the ttops themselves wouldn't sit there if I duct taped them to the vehicle for 1093 miles.

We have scrambled to complete the home renovations - the house is on the market, but nothing is moving right now. Once the house sells, I will need automotive transport for at least my GN, and maybe a couple more of my vehicles. Do any of you Texas Buick lovers know someone in the business that could help me out with 'cross 1/2 the country auto transport?

Thanks!
Patrick

Actually, my oldest thought about putting it in a Uhaul truck. If I do that, I will need a place to unload it. Does anyone know where there is a ramp accessable?

I will actually be down there before the end of the month.

Hey, glad you coming to Houston. I`m sure we can find a ramp somewhere to unload you car. How tall? Also I have some contacts at work that haul for Texas Direct Auto. Let me know when you will be in town & what part of town. I can get some HBC members to help out. OF COURSE:eek: you`ll have to join the HBC. LOL.:biggrin:

Hey there Robert,

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't join and I will anyway. :)
Honestly, I don't think we can get there fast enough.
We're looking in the Spring area. It looks nice.
I'll be coming to town ahead of the family...be there before the end of the month. My oldest is coming with me and he's a car nut too.

If we do this ourselves (I'm figuring so), we will be using one of the large 26ft Uhaul trucks with the industry standard trailer hight that OTR truckers use with thier 18 wheelers. I'm confident that I can use the ramp at the Lowes here in town, I know the manager from way back, but I just haven't asked him yet.

Even so, I would like to speak with one of your contacts and get some pricing on hauling most of my vehicles. It may work out easier that way.

P

Good to see you moving to Texas!!!! I also live in the Spring Area!!! I am building a home in the Tomball area on 2920......... I am also in the HBC. I am the VP. I am Roberts's Joe Biden!!!! LOL... let us know when you get here and we will help you out!!!!

Nick

[QUOTE=zeus87gn Hey there Robert,

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't join and I will anyway. :) }

NICK ! :eek: that's one good reason not to join , but do it anyway :biggrin:
Just joking Nick and welcome to Texas Patrick

I guess I'll have to watch out for you guys, eh? :tongue:

Hot temps aren't anything I don't already know about. It get's hot here too. The climate isn't much different.....except for hurricanes. :eek:

Thanks for the welcome. It will be nice to see you guys again, but it will be nicer when my house sells. :mad:

welcome to Texas when you get here. Always good to have more HBC members... and a powermaster guru as well haha... Look forward to meeting you.

Patrick, maybe when you get to Houston, you can help insane6 become the "fastest Turbo Regal" in Deer Park, LOL. :rolleyes: - - - I talked to one of the haulers today, he has an open rig , but will call me back with one of the guys that has an enclosed rig & give me a price, your coming out of Clearwater? right?. You`ll be here in time for the HBC Annual "Niftee50ees" car show in the fall. See you soon.

[QUOTE=86TexasT;2267848
Patrick, maybe when you get to Houston, you can help insane6 become the "fastest Turbo Regal" in Deer Park, LOL. :rolleyes: - - -

Hey I still own that title in Deer Park :cool: , Robert just waiting for the silver powdercoated crate motor to come after me :D

Patrick thought of another reason not to join it's ROBERT now that guy is a troublemaker LOL

Tim,

You will always be the fastest Turbo Regal in Deer Park.... :biggrin: Until John unleashes the FURY!!!!!!!! I was informed that John's Turbo was built by some PHD at Harvard that once worked for NASA:cool: LOL

Nick

Tim,

You will always be the fastest Turbo Regal in Deer Park.... :biggrin: Until John unleashes the FURY!!!!!!!! I was informed that John's Turbo was built by some PHD at Harvard that once worked for NASA:cool: LOL

Nick

Hey that's top secret !! I'm the one doing all the work.:cool:

John

Damn sam, you guys are a crew! I would imagine I could help Tim be the fastest stopping TR in Deer Park...wherever that is. We actually live north west of Savannah, in Statesboro. It's going to be a drive in the Jeep, but we'll make it. Got more work to do today, I'll check back in later.

Ahh i can see it now fastest GN in Deer Park and fastest stopping GN in Deer park LOL
Oh and I got the antenna mast repaired today so I can lower it now to make it more streamline when me and John line up ,gonna need all the help I can :biggrin:

Zeus, if your looking for an unloading point I am the service manager at a crane service co. I could set up to unload at the shop. We can drive our forklift onto our shipping trucks and then use one of the ramps to leave. Let me know when. Great to hear your comming to Houston and welcome.

jhanson1750 said:
Zeus, if your looking for an unloading point I am the service manager at a crane service co. I could set up to unload at the shop. We can drive our forklift onto our shipping trucks and then use one of the ramps to leave. Let me know when. Great to hear your comming to Houston and welcome.

Wohoo! We may be able to save some money yet. Thanks man. I may very well take you up on that offer. Still no offer on the house yet, but many calls. Planning on the last weekend of the month now if I don't loose my mind first.

Hey fellas,
I just got my professional moving estimates. :eek:
Let's just say I will definetely be moving the vehicles myself.
Still undecided on the rest of things.
We may get a couple of uhauls and move ourselves.
Boy, will my arse be tired then!

See you guys soon!