relocate trans cooler with front mount

N2HIPSI

1 of 463
Help! just installed pte fm and am looking to re-mount my trans cooler. it was mounted on the x-bars and the fm causes those to go away. where do i put the cooler know? I thought about under the battery side, but I'm not sure how to mount it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have mine mounted to the front side of my aluminum radiator. I don't have A/C now but even when I did it was there.

Originally posted by N2HIPSI
Thanks intercooler. anyone else.

After stealing the idea from someone who had stolen it from someone else I mounted mine just in front of the stock intercooler fan.

A piece of square steel tube mounted perfectly into the old front sway bar holes and I then welded a couple of uprights on this square tube and bolted the cooler to it.

Works perfectly and the fluid gets cooled even when the car isn't moving.

I mounted mine the pass side under the battery & headlamp.
I think Steve Wood did his the same.

I zip tied mine between the spoilers in the space between the bumper and core support. Then I made a scoop to direct air through it. If your cooler is too big for that space you can mount it at an angle. The scoop bolts to the spoilers and extends down an inch from the spoliers.
Click Below Link for Pic:
MVC-003F.JPG

Just my 2 Cents

For what it's worth I mounted mine, ( a B&M 24,000 GVW model), behind and slightly below the passenger side headlight buckets. The cooler gets no airflow in that location so I mounted 2 small 100 cfm fans on the back of the cooler. By doing this it doesn't interfer with the condenser or a front mount etc. I've got a few pictures if you would like to take a look just send me an e-mail and I'll send them over to you. Spectre5050@yahoo.com
:) - BB