Reliable Tranny Shop In Phoenix, AZ (or surrounding areas)

TurBo BiRd

Strong Islander
I need to have my 200r4 checked out and I was wondering what place you guys trust to go to. I really need someone that knows there stuff b/c the last place I brought it to rebuilt it and it never shifted right and I don't want to waste another chunk of money. Any suggestions will be appreciated. ;)

Thanks, Bobby.

Transmission Shop in Phoenix

Give Bob Floyd a call at 602-944-2246. He's got an AAMCO shop on Cave Creek just South of Thunderbird. He's a GN owner and has built many of our trannys (including mine). He does a fine job.

2004R holds up great. Couple of us in the group are well into the 10's with that tranny.

By the way, we'll be a Firebird on Sunday (tommorow). Track opens at 8:00AM.

I think I saw you at the pavilion one night. The night the SS-R was there about a month and a half ago. Me and my roommates are probably gonna make the drive out to firebird to come see you guys run your GN's. I'll limp my car there. :D

Originally posted by TurBo BiRd
I need to have my 200r4 checked out and I was wondering what place you guys trust to go to. I really need someone that knows there stuff b/c the last place I brought it to rebuilt it and it never shifted right and I don't want to waste another chunk of money. Any suggestions will be appreciated. ;)

Thanks, Bobby.

I'll second what Jack Said, he has had many 10 Sec. TR in his shop. He will take care of ya and talk your damn ear off;) ;) He will treat you right!!!

Well i am thinking now that my torque converter might be bad, Do you think he might be able to diagnose a bad one for me?

Originally posted by TurBo BiRd
Well i am thinking now that my torque converter might be bad, Do you think he might be able to diagnose a bad one for me?

Of course, call him. I talked with him at the track on Sunday and told him about your situation.

Performance trans

It might be worth to visit Len Freeman in Vegas,His PH.NM. is 702-434-2991 These 200's can be tricky. I have a real problem trying to find a reliable honest trans shop myself. I won't support or get envolved any more with any of the shops in my area.I've been burned a few times too many. Good Luck

Re: Performance trans

Originally posted by turbolou
It might be worth to visit Len Freeman in Vegas,His PH.NM. is 702-434-2991 These 200's can be tricky. I have a real problem trying to find a reliable honest trans shop myself. I won't support or get envolved any more with any of the shops in my area.I've been burned a few times too many. Good Luck

Heard nothing but good things about Len Freeman. But you will be well taken care of over at Bob's Shop(Local Shop). Since he hasn't come back on here and complained and i am rest assured he was well taken car of.

A little of subject but do you guys recommned any Port & polish (heads)shops around here also.. I just moved from CA to AZ a few months ago...

I have a 3800 Series II engine in my GP....iam just shoping around right now...for a decent place to have this done withinn the next few weeks/months to come

Also you guys mined a S/C GP coming around when you guys go to the track?

Y2K GTP
Hell yeah its modded!