Release time on Tranny Brake??

GNsQuick

GearsAreUs.com
What kind of release time is on a stage right tranny brake and is it the same every time. Does't seem to release the same to me!

I dont know... But I can tell you ..

The Bat Brake releases at .028 seconds everytime.:D

Bruce
We4

The Stage Right release time is dependent on the fluid volume at the time of the shift, how quickly you move the lever and temperature of the fuid in the trans (the heat effects the tension of the shift valve springs).

With a BAT brake, the second point above is moot (assuming your transrake button is set up like a hair trigger). I would think that the first and third point will apply to any transbrake...yet they are pretty minimal and prolly hard to measure their effect(s).

I know about the Bat, but has anyone come up with a guess at release time on Stage Right brake or it being able to repeat itself everytime it is released! any ideas Guys! How does it do it ProTree racing on keeping reaction time about the same!

Try this

Find a vendor who carries them. Ask them what it is you are curious about. they should be the best to answer any and all of your questions. If they cannot answer you, you have to wonder.

Bruce
WE4