Registering/licensing a vehicle in North Carolina?

brn agn

My wife and I are contemplating a move to NC and was wondering what is required to license a vehicle there? I looked on the DMV's website, but was not clear on everything. Assuming we lived in the Raleigh area, would we have to get a safety inspection and emissions inspection every year? How difficult is it to pass the emissions test? Is it state run facilities or private facilities? The only vehicle I am really concerned with is our TTA...it passes the Missouri test without a problem, but it would be nice to not mess with an emissions test since I rarely put over 3000 miles on it in a year.

I lived just outside of Wilson 10 years ago, I had the title to the car and my license with me and was in&out of DMV in 15 minutes. I had to have the car inspected annually, only PITA was having to pay taxes on the car every year(it was cheap though). Hopefully someone will chime in soon with more recent info, it may have changed since I moved.

ask this in the southeast section there are some guys that live there, they can answer your questions about the Raleigh area. every county is different for inspections & taxes. here in Lincoln county no emmisions & taxes for our GN is $20.

Raleigh area

It has tough inspection laws now. They hook your car up to the computer and it checks everything. Emissions levels are tough, also no check engine light on either. If it does not pass 9 out of 10 times it is something you need to get fixed anyway. Not like Cali yet though.
Registering the car here will be no problem, quick and simple. Taxes are a bit above average in the research triangle area, but worth it. We have some of the best road systems on the east coast.