Regal Suspensions

b4black

I have had several G-gody cars. All have had factory upgraded suspension (F41 or FE2). My '82 GN/SC has by far the worst, and the '83 T Type is the same. An '86 2+2 I had was the best, and a very good handling car. Suspension got better (stiffer) each year. Of the G-bodies, the Regal has the softest suspension. The stock suspension on the non-turbo Regal must be pitiful. The NA and Carb/Turbo Regals do no have anywhere near the same quality suspension as the 84/87 TR's or Monte SS's.

I hated the way my '83 felt, so I upgraded it this way:
Boxed lower controls arms; (take-offs from new Camaro Z28 with bushings) $60 and no more wheel-hop
22 mm rear sway bar (replaces 19mm stock) $10
Buick Ralleye rims; 15x7 w/ 4.5"BS (replaces 14x6 steel wheels and wire wheel covers) $55
BFG Radial T/A's; P235/60R15's (replaces P205/70R14's) $400?
Front frame brace from Grand Prix $5
35 mm front, hallow, F-body sway bar (replaces 27mm stock)
Bilstein shocks $225
Lower Body Bushing added - Positions 3,4&7 $20?
Front frame braces from Monte Carlo/Cutlass $6

It now outhandles that 2+2. I could use new springs, which I believe would be about $120 new. The Bilsteins were a luxury -the rears are a little stiff for me. I would consider some heavy duty Monroes for about $80/set. Everything was easy to install.

A very good suspension can be had for under $200 (less wheels). Everybody here in this fourm needs a better suspension. If you don't ungrade it, your missing out. These cars can handle. :)