Reeled in a Ford Focus..

gn85

You've gotta try this!
Yes, I know it's nothing to brag about, but since I've been back, I have been doing a lot of work on the Buick so it's spending a lot of time at home. :(

So, last night me and my g/f went down to the local street racing scene. I was just showing her all the car's racing around and how the police are always watching.

So cruising up and down the main street, we saw PLENTY of Mustangs, Camaro's, Firebirds, a few odds and ends and plenty of rice! So, while we're cruising along observing we pull up next to a kid and his girl in a Ford Focus ZX3. The first time he left the light I thought he sounded a little bit like he was racing and sure enough he sped off. Then we came up to the next light and lined up again! Sure enough, kid gets on it again and I decided, what the heck! He was two car lengths ahead. I slowly pushed the throttle down to about 3/4 throttle from a 25mph roll.

We raced to about 80. I slowly started reeling him in... every time he shifted I just made up more ground steadily. Finally about about 55mph I was side by side with him long enough for him to see me laughing then I pulled out in front of him, letting off around 80. Last thing I want to do is getting a racing ticket while on vacation.

I have to say, despite how heavy the Trailblazer is, it still did a good job of taking out kid with a ricer Ford!

Sorry... it's the only kill story I have since being back. :)

Yes, I know I made it sound like the GN...

But I was just so proud of my kill. This is a nice truck and it's been so nice driving it around while I'm back in the states. Compared to my puny VW Golf that I have in Germany... darn thing can't get out of it's own way!

If he were in the GN then the guy in the Fukus would know better than to race him.