Redline BMX 1982 Old School For Sale!

I horse traded for a MCS frame and fork that weighed next to nothing. Never saw another one.

I put together the ELF bike with the lightest parts available at the time. I didn't go with the Vector bars that had no gooseneck. I have Elf bars with a DK gooseneck. I'm surprised people on here know of the ELFs. I've never seen another one since I bought mine about 22-23 years ago.

I put together the ELF bike with the lightest parts available at the time. I didn't go with the Vector bars that had no gooseneck. I have Elf bars with a DK gooseneck. I'm surprised people on here know of the ELFs. I've never seen another one since I bought mine about 22-23 years ago.

I had quite a few friends with Elf frame/forks, etc. Same with Cyclecraft as well. I was the only one with a Profile though... :D

Pics are from around 1986!!

K.

Here are a few pictures from the early 80s. I'm the good lookin' one on the right, my goofy brother is on the left! ;) This is the Diamond Back with the CW bars, bullseye cranks etc. Hadn't aquired the Elf frame yet. The one where I'm behind is only practice! :biggrin: The one of my brother catching air was during a race.

Attachments

• bnt bikes 1.jpg
    bnt bikes 1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 385
  • brad db 1.jpg
    brad db 1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 376
  • tim haro1.jpg
    tim haro1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 369
Wow I wish I had some pix from back in the day.

I still have my Mongoose with the chrome moly frame.

My kids ride it now.

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 344
I had an old Patterson Racing bike (sold it years ago for what I originally paid). If I remember right, I had Ame grips, Stu bars, dk stem, suzue sealed hubs, ambrosio rims (dull gray), ACS 1 piece seat, sr tubular 1 piece crank w/ shimano pedals, hutch stem locks, and the htf PR pad set. Thinking about it makes me wish I kept it. Not too much high dollar stuff, but I think it weighed around 22 lbs

Also, in a recent Blender magazine, theres a recent pic of Rhianna (sp?) sitting on a pink Hutch.

A Patterson padset is worth about 500 bucks. I sold a set 2 years ago for a huge chunk.

Just got this one finished and renewed my NBL license.

IMG_0451.jpg

They'll know your age by your seat height! Its funny to see older riders and vintage bikes were short frontto back and tall, now they are all low and long.
I have been contemplating a NBL renewal in a year or so, when my son is old enough to start. That'd be 3 decades in BMX racing. I wanna find an old Titan or phase II and build him a cool old titanium bike w/ sew-ups and mini uni and all the late 80s gear.

The Titan minis are on ebay all the time, I think there might be one on there now. There is also an NOS JMC mini, but there is no telling what that will bring. Go to www.vintagebmx.com or "old school bmx" essage boards and there is a classified for sale section on each board.

I am 6 foot 2 and have always run a high seat, I don't care if they laugh at me, it's all about comfort at this age.

Have you ever seen a Phase II? I really prefer that, since I am from GA, and they were also, thats what all the fast locals rode/were spo'd by. I want a cruiser F&F and him a mini. I'll look at the sites you linked.
Thx,

Here are a few pictures from the early 80s. I'm the good lookin' one on the right, my goofy brother is on the left! ;) This is the Diamond Back with the CW bars, bullseye cranks etc. Hadn't aquired the Elf frame yet. The one where I'm behind is only practice! :biggrin: The one of my brother catching air was during a race.
Hey I've got a KISS shirt just like that up in the closet somewhere with the rest of my 80's metal concert shirts! That was from the Asylum tour if I remeber correctly..album after Animalize.

Cool thread, i remember Diamondback/Hutch and Redline......could not afford one but had a knock off of one......
Loy's of fun back then!
Friend had a Diamondback which was real nice!

Hey I've got a KISS shirt just like that up in the closet somewhere with the rest of my 80's metal concert shirts! That was from the Asylum tour if I remeber correctly..album after Animalize.

I still have quite a few of my 80s concert shirts. I wore concert shirts 5 days a week to high school. Most of them are practically see through though. In 1987 I went to 13 concerts in 11 months. Most of them were at Market Square or the Hoosier Dome in Indy, some were in cinci, and a few in Dayton.

I still have quite a few of my 80s concert shirts. I wore concert shirts 5 days a week to high school. Most of them are practically see through though. .
Me too in 11th grade, all the preppy girls always were wondering what new shirt I'd have on Monday morning, I was the lone freak in alot of my classes as all my friends either didn't go to school anymore and quit or were in different classes. The best shirts that got the most WTF comments were WASP, Dio, and Iron Maiden it seemed :D I think WASP may have opened for Kiss that year...Queensryche opened the Animalize tour.

Man, I just looked into that bmx site those older bikes are worth a mint. I had no clue they were still that popular, I have a 87 GT Performer I rebuilt years ago 100% powdercoated & the whole bit. Never road since just hanging in the garage, holding onto it. Maybe I'll start riding again this summer :rolleyes: