red armstrong chip

87GNat

Dont Let Em Grind Ya Down
will a 93 chip for 36lb injectors work with stock injectors? If so..any danger or problems with doing this?

I dont think it would damage anthing !but your car will run like crap fuel system wise

would it be any different if the injectors were bigger than required?

chips are set up for certain pound injectors as far as i know! I had blue tops with a stock chip many years ago and it ran like crap

The chip will have an injector constant of 36lbs. in it so that's what the ecm will assume is in the motor. It will be lean on startup until it goes into closed loop. The fuel curves will also be for 36lb. injectors. You could try it but I wouldn't be doing any WOT blasts.

If a chip is burnt for say "36 lb" injectors but the vehicle has 50lb injectors, the car will run richer than normal. For example, if at idle the injector on time is normally 3ms (just an example) for say a 36lb injector, a 50lb injector will flow more fuel in 3ms than a 36lb injector, therefore it will run rich. Whatever is "lb" the injector is rated at is how much lbs of fuel it will flow in a given hour at a certain fuel pressure. IE 60lb an hour injector @ 47psi fuel pressure (example again) So if you use a chip for a 36lb injector on stock 26lb injectors (i thinkg the stock ones are 26lb) then it will leave the on time less since they flow more fuel. So the stock ones will actually run leaner, causing the engine to run possible hotter and may damage components.....

well, just wasted a few bucks but im glad i asked...live and learn

will a 93 chip for 36lb injectors work with stock injectors? If so..any danger or problems with doing this?

If you don't want to spend alot of money, get a Thrasher for stock injectors .. used to be 25 bucks or so... Scott231 has them ??

Hey, John, I'll refund your money, don't sweat it. When you have a chance send the chip back to me. No huge hurry. It was probably my error, and I may not have told you the injector size. I'll eat the shipping. I appologize for the hassle. I'm going to Reno in a couple days here, so expect the money in your paypal account in about one week. Sound fair? PM me if so...I'm going to be really busy at work the next couple days. Thanks. :cool:

Hey, John, I'll refund your money, don't sweat it. When you have a chance send the chip back to me. No huge hurry. It was probably my error, and I may not have told you the injector size. I'll eat the shipping. I appologize for the hassle. I'm going to Reno in a couple days here, so expect the money in your paypal account in about one week. Sound fair? PM me if so...I'm going to be really busy at work the next couple days. Thanks. :cool:

Sean,
Our transaction was great. Thank You. I bought it..no refunds required. Thanks for being a stand up guy.:cool: