recovering seats? nos4gn? any recomendations

nickb

I was wondering if anyone has used the seat covers from NOS4gn? or anywhere else? if so do you have any pics on how it came out. Recently had a very high quality paint job done and I am looking to restore the interior to mint condition as well.

I'll try and post my front seats up Im picking them up today from the upholster. I having the PUI seat covers installed that basically who all the vendors use. I will probably be ordering a new carpet from Nos4gn too.

i got the covers from them and love them..they have the pics of them installed on my car on their website
So you got them from Highway Stars (Nos4GN)? There is about 3 different types of material they sell (Pallex, Exclusive & Velour). In addition, you can mix and match the different material between black and the grey. which combination did you get?

nos4gn is correct..i want to say I got the exclusive covers...back then they were $550 or so..i also got the turbo 6 headrest covers...they look awesome

He pushed me back to this week to pick up the seats. I will post up pictures when I get them. I think Im gonna do the back seats myself unless he cuts me a good deal since I had to wait a little longer.

These are the Pallex from Nos4GN,but don't hold me to that till i get my receipts from the build,any week now

int (2).JPG
11-29-12.JPG

my door pannels/rear seats are the 87' Orig's still, so the seat covers look just lil darker, but sun will fix that

So I picked up my seats earlier this week. Has the front seats done at an upholstery place. Can't say I'm happy with the results. Main thing I learned if you are getting these seat covers and want them to come out wrinkle free you need to have them installed with new upper cushions. The bottoms can be added to which I had done. The uppers with padding added just still have too many wrinkles for my liking. It still feels like I'm sitting on new seats. The rears seats I did myself with hog ring pliers I got from Eastwood. I want to see what happens to them after they've been in the car for a season

Attachments

• image-2259171910.jpg
    image-2259171910.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 202
  • image-4213443410.jpg
    image-4213443410.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 200
  • image-3138147671.jpg
    image-3138147671.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 193
  • image-3757095353.jpg
    image-3757095353.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 191
So I picked up my seats earlier this week. Has the front seats done at an upholstery place. Can't say I'm happy with the results. Main thing I learned if you are getting these seat covers and want them to come out wrinkle free you need to have them installed with new upper cushions.

I'm not so sure I agree with that train of thought. I believe the quality depends soley on the abilities of the installer. I had mine recovered and they came out perfectly wrinkle free using the same ole cusions that have always been there. IMHO you need to find a better upholstery shop.

seat drvr.JPG

seat pass.JPG

Could be the shop, could be the covers, could be the cushions.. Either way, even slightly wrinkled - they still look great.

I'm not so sure I agree with that train of thought. I believe the quality depends soley on the abilities of the installer. I had mine recovered and they came out perfectly wrinkle free using the same ole cusions that have always been there. IMHO you need to find a better upholstery shop.

Looks good turbo dave, which covers are they?

How long ago did you get those done? Another thing would be if your car was driven alot was it garage kept? Mine was driven alot with ttops kept outside. The new material is a lot harder than the original Palex also the piping is very cheap compared to good piping which holds its shape better. Of the hand full of cars that Ive seen with newer uphostery they all seem to have wrinkles in them.

How long ago did you get those done? Another thing would be if your car was driven alot was it garage kept? Mine was driven alot with ttops kept outside. The new material is a lot harder than the original Palex also the piping is very cheap compared to good piping which holds its shape better. Of the hand full of cars that Ive seen with newer uphostery they all seem to have wrinkles in them.

I had mine installed back about 2001, and yes my car gets driven a good bit, but not a daily driver, and of course is garage kept. I'd go without a car of such significance as these if I had to leave it to the mercy of the elements.

Back in 2001 was PUI even making these could have found original material back then. You haven't see my soon to be old GN. Now my WE4 and once I'm finished with my new car will be nicely garaged.

Who's PUI?

I know mine came from JAX. They did their own work.