Recommendation for speakers for stock locations

turbogimp

when i got my car i found out that i had 3 out of 6 speakers in my car and 2 of them are blown. im looking to replace all 6 and was wondering what brand people went with? im not looking to put in a big system just something that will sound nice in the stock locations and the same speaker sizes. also im installing a 50watt by 4 cd player so i need speakers to handle the power. thanks in advance

3.5" in the dash, need to watch out for the tweeter height or you'll have problems with the dash cover going back on flush.

5.25" in the doors, here you need to watch the mounting depth so you don't run into interferance problems with the window mechanism.

rear deck is 4x10" stock, but you can easily fit a 6x9" (MUCH better sound quality) using an adapter plate. Again just keep an eye on the mounting depth, or you can have some issues with the seaker hitting the torsion bar for the deck lid.

Cerwin Vega, Pioneer, JL, etc... are all quality brands that offer a wide range of speaker choices. Try a search for speakers in this forum to get an idea of what people have used / discussed in the past.

Doug C.

just fyi, your radio does not put out 50w x 4, and its not 'high power' by any means.

it most likely puts out 16-22w rms..

My MB Quarts sound pretty good to me.

i have the symphony sound in my car 2 speakers in the dash, 2 in the doors and 2 in the rear. my main question is that i had a car that only had 4 speakers (2 in dash and 2 in rear) and it sounded great then i moved the hole system to a car that had the 6 speaker system (2 in dash, 2 in doors and 2 in rear) and i had to add 2 speakers. it didnt sound as good as the 4 speaker system. what do i do? i dont want to spend alot of money on speakers and have it sound like crap. please help thanks

What are some front 3.5 speakers that are known tp just slide in and fit well? i dont want to buy anything and then have a problem.

Infinity Kappa 3.5. Not exactly 'just slide in' but pretty close to it. Just had to bend the mounting tabs a little. But they are, IMO the best 3.5 made and worth the small effort to get them to fit. 3 year warranty to back it up. Mine have been getting 50 watts of real old skool HiFonics power (with crossover) each since 98' and still sound like new. Can't beat the stealth approach IMO - car looks completly stock.

as for the six speaker not sounding as good that can be fixed by:

your choice of 3.5 in. in the dash with a high pass x-over or the inexpensive bass blockers you can get from crutchfield

in your doors i would run the new kicker mids just cause they saound great and arent that high

in the back i would use your brand of 6x9 with the adapter plate that you can get from any erputable install shop for around 15- 20 bucks

and if you got the cash amp the 6x9's and the 3.5s with one amp and amp the mids with another small 150-200 watt amp

well theres my two cents hope it helped