Recommendation for getting stock Exhaust

LotusS4

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering what anyone recommended for Stock Exhaust Replacement. The vehicle currently has a SLP Left side dual outlet and I would like to put it back to as close to stock. I had found one time on a site or on one of the forum threads some Walker muffler part numbers and Pipe numbers but cannot found it again?

Has anyone replaced their stock exhaust and kept the stock sound and appearance?

Also, are replacement chrome tips available aftermarket or only OEM?

Thanks

I believe the exhaust closest to stock is the hooker exhaust. There have been many threads about the "TTA hooker exhaust". I know someone makes the stock exhaust tips and I think the company is called stainless works or stainless steel works. I'd get you a link but the internet I'm on now is slow and the mouse is even slower.

Jason

Possible walker replacement?

I did some searching of some older post and found the following part numbers? Can anyone confirm or deny the information? I also went onto walkers web site and found the attached diagram with current part numbers. I am not sure from the photo as to the exit locations of the exhaust from the vehicle? Any ideas?

FYI, From 89TTA.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Walker TTA 3" cat-back exhaust system consists of these parts:

Walker Part #44074 First intermediate pipe
Walker Part #43248 Over-axle pipe
Walker Part #17296 Muffler
Walker Part #44279 Universal Tailpipe

Or, for a mandrel bent 2 1/2" cat back system under a single part number:

Walker Part # 17494.

For more information call Walker Dyno Max Tech Support at 810-852-9347

Thanks

Attachments

• 1507.gif
    1507.gif
    44.9 KB · Views: 261
The stock parts are almost all Out of Stock - I checked as I wanted the same.

I used the Hooker system - easy in. Did it myself in about 20 minutes ( I do have a lift ). Only thing that doesn't look stock is the muffler which is black and inconspicuous. I had the local muffler shop cut and weld my stock tips onto the new tailpipes - Looks Great! Sounds Great! Shop did it gratis and I just tipped the tech.

The only "more stock" option would be to have a muffler shop custom bend a stock looking system for you. Big $ for not much visual difference and a less engineered/poorer system.

That is some collection you have there Lotus :eek:

I have a trip planned to New York in the next few weeks and would love to visit your museum :D

Any pic's of that Mini Cooper ? Would love to see it. I used to own one.

Recommendation

Listen Twin,
I am just a guppie in a pond not a big fish like yourself. The fortunate thing for me is that I not only get to look at my cars all day long but also a few other much more rare ones SIMILIAR to yours :D

Let me know when you get to NY, I'll let you see mine and I'll ask for permission to see the batch in the room next to me.

The mini is undergoing a major upgrade and will be in the shop for the next couple weeks. I'll let you know when its finished.

Thanks

LotusS4 said:
Listen Twin,
I am just a guppie in a pond not a big fish like yourself. The fortunate thing for me is that I not only get to look at my cars all day long but also a few other much more rare ones SIMILIAR to yours :D

Let me know when you get to NY, I'll let you see mine and I'll ask for permission to see the batch in the room next to me.

The mini is undergoing a major upgrade and will be in the shop for the next couple weeks. I'll let you know when its finished.

Thanks

OH !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your the one putting a Viper Twin Turbo motor in the Mini Cooper :biggrin:

Can't wait to see that :eek:

reommendation....

Thats nice, Actually I was going to try and drop a GNX Motor in there. I did have access to 2 low mileage 1SG Blocks..... :eek: :eek:

btw, I think I am buying a really high mileage GNX so I can join your club. I found one today, original owner and really high miles...

It needs a couple things but I know where there are some donor cars.

Talk to you later.

LotusS4 said:
Thats nice, Actually I was going to try and drop a GNX Motor in there. I did have access to 2 low mileage 1SG Blocks..... :eek: :eek:

btw, I think I am buying a really high mileage GNX so I can join your club. I found one today, original owner and really high miles...

It needs a couple things but I know where there are some donor cars.

Talk to you later.

WOW......................"1SG blocks"

Your are too technical for me now :D

seafood

Hi,
If one guy is fish, and the other is a guppy, then I must classify as plankton. You guys have wonderful collections, doubtless the outcome of a lifetime of hard work. I myself play to my limits, debt free anyway, and happy. You give me something to shoot for, if I win the lottery. Thanks!

83ttypecooled said:
Hi,
If one guy is fish, and the other is a guppy, then I must classify as plankton. You guys have wonderful collections, doubtless the outcome of a lifetime of hard work. I myself play to my limits, debt free anyway, and happy. You give me something to shoot for, if I win the lottery. Thanks!

:cool: Thanks for the compliment. I guess I'm the Guppy as Lotus has always been the "BIG FISH" :D

recommendation

83ttypecooled,
Thanks for the compliment. My guppie collection is fairly new next to twins prime real estate. I am justing hoping to have the insight he had years ago. I probably should have listened to him when he kept saying to buy a GNX. But then again, I am sure that any cars I called on would have already been sold to him :D .

He's a couple years older than me so I've got a little time to catch up :eek: :eek: :eek:

ps, does your flowmaster setup on your tta still look stock? Does the tips leave from the stock locations?

Thanks

FWIW, SLP did make a quad tip exhaust. I believe all you need to do is swap the muffler and tailpipes as the intermediate should be the same. They were optional on the 97+ SS/Firehawks.

And they look fairly close to the stock tips.

Stock Exhaust

I replaced my stock exhaust @ ~ 30 K w an ATR. I was replacing the fuel pump and had to drop everything - the rear, exhaust, gas tank, U name it. The stock exhaust came out in one piece.

I could sell it if there is any interest.

LotusS4 said:
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering what anyone recommended for Stock Exhaust Replacement. The vehicle currently has a SLP Left side dual outlet and I would like to put it back to as close to stock. I had found one time on a site or on one of the forum threads some Walker muffler part numbers and Pipe numbers but cannot found it again?

Has anyone replaced their stock exhaust and kept the stock sound and appearance?

Also, are replacement chrome tips available aftermarket or only OEM?

Thanks

A Walker Ultra Flow (p/n WLK-17266, $110 from Summit) is polished stainless, high quality, and has no droning sound a lot of other mufflers have with the turbo motor.

The Walker TTA 3" cat-back exhaust system consists of these parts:

Walker Part #44074 First intermediate pipe
Walker Part #43248 Over-axle pipe
Walker Part #17296 Muffler
Walker Part #44279 Universal Tailpipe

Or, for a mandrel bent 2 1/2" cat back system under a single part number:

Walker Part # 17494.

For more information call Walker Dyno Max Tech Support at 810-852-9347

TTA Exhaust

Was the Walker 2½" system a dual ? Otherwise it is smaller than the stock 2-3/4" system. Don't see why anyone would go that direction.