Recipes.....updated?

Dreamn4GN

Since I bought my car few weeks ago. She's still sitting in the garage and I have been reading more than Ever on this site. I'm keeping my car stock till the winter just waiting on a few more things to get the spring cleaning under way in my car. Lot of dry rotted hoses and such , leaking radiator and etc. but with all that said, I've been looking at where I want to take this car over the winter. Exhaust, down pipe , injectors, chip, valve springs ,timing chain ,maybe even update my IC. I know their are the recipes for. GN ttype website from years back that always keep coming up from older recipe threads. My goals for this car are easily achievable with 11.50 being the fastest I need and want to go with higH 11's and low 12's being the bulk if what I want. With these cars that SEEMS to be a solid point. So what I'm getting at is their anyway we can get an updated recipe thread or sticky with some of the set ups are out there and what they run and how to get there. Just seems like after all this time and experience we should have some more recent and updated way. , maybe everyone post their set ups(if you want) and how fast you are going with that set up. Maybe few guys would just want to copy and paste a solid set up that's been proven to take the cars to where people want them to go. I know I would not mind copying a recipe , I'm not trying to recreate anything. We all know what these cars can do with some tuning.

An alky kit and tune with what you already have planned and your there.

Mobile larrym

RJC Racing has a more modern updated recipe list for 11's and faster.

The web site seems to be having problems right now or for me anyway.

getting the car to make 11 sec power is very realistic and sometimes the easy part,the drivetrain is on borrowed time.inmo built 200r4/good converter,28 spline axles and eaton posi,driveshaft loop,set of drag radials,alkycontrol single nozzle,36-42 lb injectors tt chip,single intank pump hotwire,49/44/58etc turbo.scanmaster,wideband would be nice and I like fp and meth gauges,but just the scanmaster can get it done.learn to drive it and hook it.

getting the car to make 11 sec power is very realistic and sometimes the easy part,the drivetrain is on borrowed time.inmo built 200r4/good converter,28 spline axles and eaton posi,driveshaft loop,set of drag radials,alkycontrol single nozzle,36-42 lb injectors tt chip,single intank pump hotwire,49/44/58etc turbo.scanmaster,wideband would be nice and I like fp and meth gauges,but just the scanmaster can get it done.learn to drive it and hook it.
Plan is next week put on the following parts. Plugs,wires,radiator, hoses all around IC,Radiator etc. adj FPR, ADJ waste gate ( buddy of mine had the fpr and waste gate laying around ) Hotwire and Walboro FP ,billet thermostats and thermostat, scan master , air filter and some other odds and ends. I'm going to see what she can do and play with her a little bit :p Stock. I was looking into 60's for the injectors. Just buy them once and will get me where I want to be in the future. Plan is to be smart and slowly add things to the car and tune accordingly. I'm going to give the 200r4 one rebuild, maybe two then I'll be goto to a turbo 350-400. Take care of that problem.

11s and 12s don't need a trans swap. Since you're in the Northeast, have CK Performance build your trans. Then you won't have to hack up your car and can keep it original. Get bigger injectors too - 80s. You said you were going to be smart, prove it! :p

11s and 12s don't need a trans swap. Since you're in the Northeast, have CK Performance build your trans. Then you won't have to hack up your car and can keep it original. Get bigger injectors too - 80s. You said you were going to be smart, prove it! :p
I know 80's are the same price practically as the 60's. But what about drive ability and etc? I was looking into what CK performance had to offer. I'll keep them in mind. Not really going to be a track car per say. Really just going to be a street car with trips to the track everyone inahile to see what she does with the addition mods.

11s and 12s will take the stock 200 right out especially with a hooking car.
Yeah I'm sure of it. It's a 120k on from what I know to be a stock trans. She's going to go soon specially if I can't stay out of the boost. :banghead:

11s and 12s will take the stock 200 right out especially with a hooking car.

Tell me about it. 5k on a stock rebuild (previous owner) My trans is now junk after adding alcohol.

Anything faster than a mid 13's car & you better have a known 200-4r expert build you a tranny.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If you don't do a lot of highway driving and don't need od then just get a good th-400 with the proper torque converter and you can forget about having transmission problems for a long time. And it will bolt in you don't have to hack anything up doing it.Keep the 200 -4r over in a corner somewhere in case you want to reinstall it later.

A basic rebuild on the 200 from a proper builder will last into the 10's for years. The same 200 I ran into the 9's back in 2008 is in my friend's car running high10's today.

If you don't do a lot of highway driving and don't need od then just get a good th-400 with the proper torque converter and you can forget about having transmission problems for a long time. And it will bolt in you don't have to hack anything up doing it.Keep the 200 -4r over in a corner somewhere in case you want to reinstall it later.
She's going to be needing the OD a decent amount in the beginning. Slot of cruising is going to be going in from now till winter.

You have a decent plan. I would go 60s and TT 6.1 chip and Powerlogger, wide band, used Dutt neck intercooler, TA49 and alky. Fool around with that for the rest of the season. When you destroy your trans have a known expert with the 200 do the best build you can afford. Add a good converter, upgrade the intercooler and turbo.

You have a decent plan. I would go 60s and TT 6.1 chip and Powerlogger, wide band, used Dutt neck intercooler, TA49 and alky. Fool around with that for the rest of the season. When you destroy your trans have a known expert with the 200 do the best build you can afford. Add a good converter, upgrade the intercooler and turbo.
Thanks. She's going to stay stock pretty much except those few mandatory mods until the winter. Going to enjoy it the way she is. First turbo car and first "muscle car" so I will be happy with her at stock condition for now. I've heard great things about CK perf for trans. I'm in the northeast so I should be able to find someone for the 200.