Rebuilt Engine, Trans, Harness, Computer.

MENTL231

COMPLETE 81 HOT AIR ENGINE THAT HAS BEEN REBUILT. MOTOR HAS APPROX 12K SINCE REBUILD. TRANS HAS SLIGHT SHIFT PROBLEM SINCE THE TRANS KIT WAS INSTALLED. HARNESS IS INTACT. REBUILT CARB. TURBO HAS VERY VERY LITTLE SHAFT PLAY. HAS ACCEL HEI SUPER COIL. MANIFOLDS AND CROSSOVER IN GOOD SHAPE. ORIGINAL OWNER REMOVED THIS MOTOR TO INSTALL A SMALL BLOCK CHEVY.. IF YOU CAN IMMAGINE THAT. :rolleyes:

MAKE ME AN OFFER.

THANKS, JAY.

how much would shipping to tn run??????
i am new to the turbos
i have a 76 skylark with a 231 v6 looking to do a swap
but i dont have a clue as to what to offer...........
scott

does it come with the carb cap (or what ever they call the part from the turbo to carb)sorry i'm a newbie
is this a 4.1 or 3.8?
i know it was rebuilt could i just drop it in and run?(motor)trans sounds like it will need a rebuild?
how much power do these motors make?
thanks for your help in this matter
scott

Would you be interested in selling the turbo control center and carb by itself? Those are the only two things I could use right now.

Pm sent to you.

Not looking to part this set up out.

The carb is a draw through set up. It does not have a hat from the turbo. As far as power. I have no idea. The motor is in great running condition. As far as the tranny goes. It had been rebuilt and ran great. The previous owner then installed an aftermarket shift kit and since then it has shifted funny. I'm willing to bet he may have put a ball in the wrong spot or perhaps installed the kit wrong. Not positive on that though.

does it come with the carb cap (or what ever they call the part from the turbo to carb)sorry i'm a newbie
is this a 4.1 or 3.8?
i know it was rebuilt could i just drop it in and run?(motor)trans sounds like it will need a rebuild?
how much power do these motors make?
thanks for your help in this matter
scott

It is a 3.8.

You should be able to just drop it in and run it. After the tranny has been at least looked at and what ever adjustment or what have you, has been made. (based on the fact that you know what your doing of course.) :biggrin:

Update. According to some recent info I received. This motor is out of a 78-79 car. I will know exactly which year tommorow. Sorry bout that.

And to help Jay out it makes around 150-170 HP but can get a little more. Hope this help Jay.

after reading up on these motors i believe i will pass
thanks for your time in this matter.
scott