Rebuilt Cardone Hydroboost Cores

Westriver87

I did the hydroboost conversion several months ago. However, my rebuilt cardone booster (52-7211) failed. I took it back to advance to get another one ordered under warranty. Their computer told them there was none available. So they called cardone and told me that the factory doesn't have any cores to rebuild so they offered me my money back. Has any one else ran into this? Seems strange to me. I guess I could go find a astro van unit out of a junk yard and modify it....

They told me the same thing when I brought in my powermaster to AutoZone. I called the Cardone rep and he called AZ, told them how to do the paperwork. I sent it in to get it rebuilt. This was a couple weeks ago. I was going to buy the Cardone hydroboost unit from Advance, part # 52-7353 for the Astrovan, as their website apparently shows it is in stock. Yours is the original for the 84-85 GN without the vacuum reserve. You might do best by getting your money back and buying the upgraded one for the Astrovan. Can you explain what failed? For the 84-85 unit, Rockauto says you must send in your old one in order to buy a "new" one.