Rebuilding an A1000 fuel pump?

jpwalt1987

I have an older Paxton external fuel pump that is the same as the Aeromotive A1000. Went to start the car and it is dead. It tried to prime for about a second and it sounded funny then nothing. I think it is jammed up inside. You can definatley tell the pump is trying to turn by the way the fuse gets hot and the arc the wires make when you jump across the relay. I just want to know if anyone has ever rebuilt one and where did you get the parts from. I cant seem to find anything online. I have had the pump apart before to change a seal and it is not a complicated design. I really dont want to spend $400 on a new pump. I know about the limitations of this pump at high psi also, I just need it running. Thanks.

I think sending it back to aeromotive is your only option going that deep into it.

Aahh ha!

I took the pump apart this evening and it wasnt pretty...
The Magnet that is attached to the inside of the case was shattered in about 100 pieces!!! Dont know why or how. It was all of a sudden. I am gonna call Aeromotive to see if they will sell me the pieces that I need. Hopefully they will. We shall see. I am going to change the brushes while I am it. The bad luck just never seems to end!:mad: I REALLY dont want to buy a new pump......