Rebuild Shop

ralphsmith_jr

Its a six
Tax time is here and I am planning on getting my 86 TR motor rebuilt soon, I asked this question before and you guys reffered me to Westside performance. I was quoted about $5500 + just for a stock rebuild with the heads ported and the shop doing all the R&R work is there anyone you guys trust the may be a little cheaper? I just want a stock setup for now and maybe add on later...thanks guys

Are you sure the car NEEDS a rebuild (rod knocking, antifreeze in oil, etc..) or just want a refresh because of high miles?

Honestly, I would wait until it needs a rebuild... there are a lot of these cars running around on "unopened" engines with 100K+ miles. With your plan for a mildly modded daily driver (as stated in your other post) I'd recommend just performing a compression & leakdown check to make sure it's in basic good shape. From there go for a thorough Spring Cleaning tune-up, Walbro pump / hotwire kit & a fresh set of valve springs. Once it's running in top form you can start adding go-fast mods as desired. :)

Do a leak down on it and figure it out that way.

May need to do the timing chain and valve springs.