Rebuild/Hot Weather issues

orion

Just looking for a diagnosis

At cold start, oil pressure goes high like usual,
after driving around in mid 80s weather, pressure drops under 10 at idle, i've been revving the engine to keep it from going that low at lights. Oil pressure on the highway is about 20-30 psi cruising. Coolant reads 193 crank the heat, it goes down to 178, then back up to 190 after 10 minutes. I love driving around in 80 degree humid weather with scalding heat coming from the vents.
Code 24 came up on my scanmaster, which is speedo related. no idea what that means. Any ideas?

I had a rebuild this winter, and it's gone without a hitch. Changed my oil 3 times in 6 months about once every 1500 miles. Mobil 1 Synth 10w30 everytime. I've got that in now. I noticed my oil pressure was a little low about 3 weeks ago, topped it off with a quart, now the level is fine. But thats when i started seeing problems, thats also when i started driving my car back and forth between maine and CT.

20-30 PSI cruising:eek: ...not good...do the simple things first...drop the pan and make sure the oil pickup hasn't come loose...also check for any bearing material...if the pressure has always been this way since the rebuild then the pump gears may not have been clearanced correctly...it's critical to get the end clearance set at .001-.002...

the pressure hasn't been like this since the rebuild, just in the past few weeks, thanks i'll give that a shot

I don't know about your oil psi problems, but engine temps in the 190s really aren't a big deal. What kind of thermostat do you have in? The stocker? I have a stock 180 stat in my 125k motor and in 100+ degree weather, the temp gets up near 200 idling at lights, then drops down to ~185 once I get moving again. I don't think this is a big deal, but somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I did install the "biggie" oil filter upgrade adapter recently and picked up about 2psi of idle pressure. You could also try the Mobil 1 50 wt. oil for more pressure.