rebuild analog cluster??

sick GN

Does anyone know how to replace the copper ribbon on the back of an analog dash cluster? Having problems with lights working in the dash and the alternator not charging... I bought the field fix harness but that seems like it isn't working either... now I am running a external wastegate so the factory solenoid that the field fix goes to isn't being used... I'm wondering if it is even working... could that be why the field fix is still not charging? Either way I'd like to replace the ribbon wires on the back of the cluster specifically where it contacts the plug... they look in bad shape and I tried cleaning them already and even spread the connector clips but I still had no lights on the left side of the dash...

Anyone know why the field fix would not work?

The field fix kit picks up IGN+ voltage from the WG solenoid plug and routes it to terminal F on the alternator plug. The alternator plug has the terminal designation molded into the housing. Remove this connector from the alternator, do a key-on, engine-off, and you should measure +12 volts (battery voltage) at terminal F.

Note that terminal L (lamp from dash) should also read +12 volts. If it doesn't, that is why the field fix kit was designed. The voltage at the F terminal allows the alternator to charge even if the lamp circuit is open.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Its better to change the ribbon for a solid contact board.
I am making that board but is complex as hell!!.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app