Rearend question

godwingn87

Today I was trying to change the oil in the rear and when I tried to take the nut out of the side to refill, it stripped out on me..... Is there any way to get it out now? Do they make a plug for the back cover I can purchase? Either way, I got to get my car back on the road.... Any info at this point would be helpful....

not sure about this
did you try an extention bar with no socket 3/8s inch to get it out?

Check the vendors pages.(GBody parts.com) TA sells a new cover with fill port and drain. It's expensive though. I hate to steer you to ebay but you will prob save money there.

Today I was trying to change the oil in the rear and when I tried to take the nut out of the side to refill, it stripped out on me..... Is there any way to get it out now? Do they make a plug for the back cover I can purchase? Either way, I got to get my car back on the road.... Any info at this point would be helpful....

:eek: Have you tried screwing it back in by hand, then back out slowly? I sure hope you get that out sh!t. Use a tap after with grease so the shavings won't enter the rearend. I wish you luck.

Thanks for the info fellas..... I was able to get the bolt out using this set of bolt outs.. http://s7.sears.com/is/image/Sears/00952061000 I got these for X-mas 2 years ago and its the first time I have ever used them... I hit it on with a hammer , put a socket on and turned out with my impact....
I consider myself lucky on this one.... :smile: