Rear tire fitment and rear wheel offset/backspace question

Ok one last time if you use a 9.5 or 10 inch wheel use 4.75 you should have plenty of room.:redface:

Guys, I too am going with a newer setup and want to go with 17x8 in front and 17x9 in the rear. In the fronts I want to go with 235/45/17's to avoid any rubbing issues, and 275/40/17 Drag Radials out back. As long as the offset is 0 and back spacing is 4 and 4.5 respectively, I should have no issues right? My car is lowered with eibach springs about an inch.

Guys, I too am going with a newer setup and want to go with 17x8 in front and 17x9 in the rear. In the fronts I want to go with 235/45/17's to avoid any rubbing issues, and 275/40/17 Drag Radials out back. As long as the offset is 0 and back spacing is 4 and 4.5 respectively, I should have no issues right? My car is lowered with eibach springs about an inch.

Sounds like it should work. Of course there are no promises when it comes to these Buicks with all their problems from the factory with things not being installed straight, but you should be fine with that.

Yeah I have seen the Intrax springs and they do advertize a 1.8" drop but i have also heard the springs are the exact same spring as the BellTechs. I dont see any reason for trimming with the 285's. A buddy of mine runs 305's in the rear with 10" wide wheels and has no modifications to the body or frame.

Any specs on what wheel tire offset pics?
Thanks
Mike

Why dont you guys measure the clearance from frame rail to drum on each side to check your clearance aka backspace of you wheel? My 18x9.5 rears clear just fine with no mods whatsoever with a 5" BS and alum drums. Bust out the tape measure boys.