Rear springs

vacuum 6

What's an easy way to lower the rear of the car?

I have 275/50/15s on the car and the distance between the tire and the quarter's lip is a bit more than I would like.

Grab yourself some rear springs from a 3rd/4th gen Camarobird. They are only pigtailed on one end and you can cut the coils until you get the desired height. Make sure you also get the big rubber pocket that the top end of the spring mounts in too. Go easy as it doesn't take much to lower the car. And give the car plenty of time to settle.

Grab yourself some rear springs from a 3rd/4th gen Camarobird. They are only pigtailed on one end and you can cut the coils until you get the desired height. Make sure you also get the big rubber pocket that the top end of the spring mounts in too. Go easy as it doesn't take much to lower the car. And give the car plenty of time to settle.

Too much work looking for something simple.

Go to a 275/60/15 tire and it will fill up the fender well nicely...and easily

Too much work looking for something simple.

Heck of a lot easier than the spring compressor.Plus it will ride better. All you need is a cut off wheel. Cant work on cars with out tools,can you?You have to pull the springs anyway. Sorry, I dont see any complications here.

those are 40 bux... new moog springs (which i use) and the pockets will probalby cost you about 80 and it's not a ghetto-fabulous way to do it. If i recall correctly the spring rubbers came from GM-direct

Phil

Heck of a lot easier than the spring compressor.Plus it will ride better. All you need is a cut off wheel. Cant work on cars with out tools,can you?You have to pull the springs anyway. Sorry, I dont see any complications here.

Tools what are tools? Complications sure one, time.