Rear spkrs - trunk rod clearance

whitess

Is there a way to move the trunk rods for more clearance for a taller pair of speakers?
Larry.

I have saw them removed and hood strurs used. I have made plates from mdf to put the 6x9's in, I'll look for pics...

very very few gbodies could have been bought with trunk shocks,I found a set on ebay 3yrs ago,they cost me like $80 back then,,i never used them since i have a TTA now,,they are brand new and who the heck know where they are stored...

Thanks all. I have the adapters installed w/6x9's, looks like I may have to open up the speaker holes in the rear deck and mount the speakers from the top.
I'd forgotten about the trunk shocks though, I'll go by the dealer this week and see if by chance they're still available or maybe Kirbans might have them. :)
Larry.

I installed 4 x 10 Kenwood speakers a couple weeks ago... big improvement over stock, especially with XM Radio. They are about 1/4" deeper than the stock ones so I manipulated the wire in the bracket so they could still be used and then wrapped a piece of fuel line hose around the trunk rods because the new speakers were close to them. All in all, it worked out to be easy and the results are perfect for what I was looking for.

not to get on a tangent, but GSX-PKV i noticed you also have a GSX along w/ur we4? Lucky man, are you married to a super model too?