Rear qa1 coilovers kit with 10 inch rim

434nova

I am looking at using the qa1 rear coilovers over kit that is double adjustable. My question is anyone using them with 10 inch wheel with a 4.5 backspacing. I am worried about the way the lower coilover bracket comes out, it looks like it might interfere with the rim. I seen some pictures of them installed on cars and they look to be very close. Anyone out there with 10 inch rim and 4.5 backspacing with this kit let me know how it clears.

From the looks of it
It would move the whole coil over assembly away from rim

I have 10" wheels
5 1/2 backspace
Also looking into this set up
Shocks will almost be straight up and down

Not sure if tailpipes will hit

I know they clear the 3" duals we sell so don't see why not. The shocks are still on an angle not straight up and down as you can see by pics. 8" wheels with 4" backspace. I had to put a couple washers between the bracket and the shock bushing sleeve when using the QA1 shocks with these.

brack1.jpg
brack2.jpg

I know they clear the 3" duals we sell so don't see why not. The shocks are still on an angle not straight up and down as you can see by pics. 8" wheels with 4" backspace. I had to put a couple washers between the bracket and the shock bushing sleeve when using the QA1 shocks with these.

View attachment 297527 View attachment 297528
Do you think 1.5 inches more inset of wheel will hit the lower portion of relocation bracket

Can it be trimmed ?

I have a 10in. wheel with 4.5in. backspacing. I just installed my QA1 rear coilover kit. The QA1 brackets that came with the kit didn't work for me. There wasnt enough clearance between the spring seat collar of the coilover and my rear calipers (Note: I have a rear disc conversion kit). But if you are still using the stock drums in the rear, you will / should be fine with the QA1 brackets.
The QA1 brackets are really nice, and did fit good, but they are definitely designed work with the stock drum setup. They pretty much place the coilover exactly where the stock shock mounts. This is great for stock drums, but definitely interferences with rear calipers.

I have a 10in. wheel with 4.5in. backspacing. I just installed my QA1 rear coilover kit. The QA1 brackets that came with the kit didn't work for me. There wasnt enough clearance between the spring seat collar of the coilover and my rear calipers (Note: I have a rear disc conversion kit). But if you are still using the stock drums in the rear, you will / should be fine with the QA1 brackets.
The QA1 brackets are really nice, and did fit good, but they are definitely designed work with the stock drum setup. They pretty much place the coilover exactly where the stock shock mounts. This is great for stock drums, but definitely interferences with rear calipers.

I am also running disc brakes. I do have a fab 9 inch in the car. Not sure how it might effect the location of the caliber. What bracket did you use on your setup for it to work?

I am also running disc brakes. I do have a fab 9 inch in the car. Not sure how it might effect the location of the caliber. What bracket did you use on your setup for it to work?

I have the stock 8.5 housing. I used the UMI relocation kit that Mark H. sells at TR Customs. (Mark has posted them in post #10). They aren't as nice and robust looking as the QA1 brackets, but they are powder coated black, fit perfectly, relocate the coilovers for rear calibers.

1st Picture - QA1 bracket on left vs. UMI bracket on right. (Note: QA1 brackets come zinc plated, I had mine powdercoated black)

2nd Picture - Clearance using QA1 brackets

3rd & 4th Picture - Cleaarance with UMI brackets.

Attachments

• 20170120_182325.jpg
    20170120_182325.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 98
  • 20170120_184805.jpg
    20170120_184805.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Wiseman only 2 pictures came up. I'm gonna see what I need once I get the qa1s. I will just order the brackets from Mark if I need them. Thanks

Wiseman only 2 pictures came up. I'm gonna see what I need once I get the qa1s. I will just order the brackets from Mark if I need them. Thanks

Sorry, i dont know why the last 2 pictures didnt pull in. I currently dont have the wheels on, (still doing work), but i have test fitted a wheel (with the suspension unloaded) and there is plenty clearance. The bottom tip of the bracket hangs down a bit, but looks like it will be fine (just a bit of an eye sore)

Let me know if you need me to put a wheel on.

Here you go:

Attachments

• 20170210_102746.jpg
    20170210_102746.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 94
  • 20170210_102821.jpg
    20170210_102821.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 93
  • 20170210_102843.jpg
    20170210_102843.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 91
  • 20170210_102903.jpg