Rear frame brace??

I have one made fron 1.125" square tubing on my SS and it's a good addition. Cuts down on the "wallowing" feel from the rear (some will feel it, some won't). If you're going to do both braces do the front one 1st! :) The change in the handling and even lane changes at speed along with turn in is a very noticeable improvement with the front brace. If you still feel the wallowing in the rear (measured by the butt meter :) ) then put the rear one on.
Larry.

Rear brace

I did this mod a few years ago. I got the idea from another site when looking for a solution for exhaust drone. My 85 GN had an awful drone and this brace cured it.
I did mine a bit different though. I removed the bumper and shock devices made a template out of cardboard and made up two aluminum plates that hang down an inch or so below the frame horns so there is something to bolt onto. I cut holes in the plates to accept the shock assemblies and the bolt holes then using the same template cutout rubber innertube insulators. Sandwiched the two rubber pads the shock absorber and the bumper bracket altogether and bolted everything up tight. Then strung my brace made from 1"x 1" galvanized angle iron across the aluminum plates and that fixed my drone problem.

Where can these braces be ordered from? are there any other modifications to be made, or do they just bolt on?

Originally posted by 87gninpa
Where can these braces be ordered from? are there any other modifications to be made, or do they just bolt on?

There was a guy selling them at one point, but has stopped making them. Easy to make and bolt on, just from looking at the pics. Sounds like it does not do much from what I am getting, unless you want to cut the exhaust drone down, whick I don't. Some Roadmasters came with them though.

Ron

That Bar doesn't fit on the Buick Regal T or GN , I've tried it yesterday night and it's to short to fit between the two Bumper shock brackets. So it is USELESS, part no: 10225142. Gilles.