Rear-end

5.0 THIS

STILL SLOW
What gear ratio does our cars have. A web-site said it was 3.27 and then another said 3.23.

Thanks

Anyone have a Dana 44? Hindsight's always 20/20. I woulda bought 20 of them from GM before they quit making them if I knew then what I know now :D

Oh, okay. When driving my TTA the torque convertor doesn't always lock. Is there anyway to get it to lock, and also how can I fix this problem.

Thanks
Chris

could be the TCC solenoid, usual culprit when not locking up. Mine happen to have a fried clutch so it wouldn't lock up regardless.

Try the solenoid first...

Look into where the chip wants to lock it also...

How hard is it to replace the soleniod. Do I have to drop the trans pan. I have the stock chip in the car.

Thanks
Chris

Originally posted by 5.0 THIS
How hard is it to replace the soleniod. Do I have to drop the trans pan. I have the stock chip in the car.

Thanks
Chris

Pan needs to be dropped.

Remove two bolts, cut both wires, remove old unit. Bolt in new, splice new to existing leads.

In other words real easy, except for taking the Dextron shower. ;)

I used the 700R4 solenoid last time, purchased from NAPA, its a little longer so it has bushing that come with it. Might as well do the filter as well.

I guess if I am going this far then I might as well put a shift kit in. I put a cheap B&M in my Buick with great results, is there any that would be better.

Thanks
CHris

Advance Auto parts has a Solenoid for a 700 R4, part number ATC 520203. Would htis work.

Chris