rear end tq. capacity

6-FITZ

BUFFED
I need to know what's the max amt. of torque can I put to the wheels w/ full out racing slicks. I make 600lbft. at the crank, but that was on 96oct. 17lbs. of boost and 20# of timing. I went to the track yesterday and could not better 2.05 60ft. w/ drag radials set at 22lbs. I ran a 12.52 @112.65 mph launching at 0 on the vacuum gauge. Was hoping to give the car one more try before the end of the season to see if I could get into the 11's on street trim. My mph says yes, but I'll be turning up the boost, racing slicks, and timing w/ hot gas. I was only runnin 20deg. of timing,96 oct., and 17 lbs of boost. Need to know can the stock rear end handle the 600+lbft. of tq. I'll be putting to it w/ racing slicks?

I dunno, I generally run low 1.5 60' times at 120 + in the low 11/high 10 range........on slicks....launching off a t-brake at 15 + lbs....doubt you will have a problem for a while:)

of course I don't have a clue how much torque I am making....

I agree w/ you and many others. After doing a search for my ?, I found out that I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I don't know torque #'s but I do know that the stock rear can go along way, but the axles are a different story. You can probably get away with a few high 1.5's 60' but I wouldn't try it on a regular basis. If your car will do a consistent 1.5 60' then you need to upgrade your axles.