rear disk brakes ?

278cikiller

I have a 87 G/N with rear disk brakes,i found out that the rear emergency brake cables are tide up they are not hook up,does any one have pics of the way you hook up the rear cables, and do you have to use special cables or do i have to bi new ones any info would be great and pics thanks.

1st you gotta figure out if your disc brake kit even has a parking brake because not all of them do.

rear disk brakes

This is a stock rear end that was converted to disk brakes, The calapiers are from a newer Grand Prix The old cables are just tide up under the car, I need pics of some ones rear end to see if i have to weild in brackets for the cables or do i have to bi diffrerent ones,or can i use the old ones? If i have to bi new ones what ones do i get.

This is a stock rear end that was converted to disk brakes, The calapiers are from a newer Grand Prix The old cables are just tide up under the car, I need pics of some ones rear end to see if i have to weild in brackets for the cables or do i have to bi diffrerent ones,or can i use the old ones? If i have to bi new ones what ones do i get.
On the rear end does it have the emergency brake set up behind the disc brakes? some do not have them that is why I ask..

Then you have to convert the Buick regal cable end to the emergency brake set up that is from the Grand Prix, That I am not sure where to get.

Should look something like the image below...

Scot W.

Attachments

• Brake intall 013.jpg
    Brake intall 013.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 561
Take the wheel off one side and take a pic. That's the only way we'll have an idea of the brakes you've got on it.

disk brakes

Thanks guys for the info! I work on the car today and got it fix,there was a bracket on the bottom of the cailper i did'nt see before,it work out in the end thanks again.

Pictures please!!!

It would be nice to see what you have, to help you and possibly give others an alternative set-up (if that is what it is).

the "bracket on the caliper" description makes me think it's something like a late 70's F body setup.

Speaking of e-brake cables, I need help as far as to what to do with mine. I put some LS1 rear brakes
From a 2001 Camaro but I really need help as far as far as how to hook the e-brake cable to the actual
E-brakes. I think I left a post on the old old LS1 brake thread but nobody responded.

Speaking of e-brake cables, I need help as far as to what to do with mine. I put some LS1 rear brakes
From a 2001 Camaro but I really need help as far as far as how to hook the e-brake cable to the actual
E-brakes. I think I left a post on the old old LS1 brake thread but nobody responded.

This is my conversion and here's where I start to adapt the parking brake cable. Pics included to you have a better idea of what you need to do. Post 364 and on.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/before-black-non-sfi-tech/322115-finally-got-some-time-11.html

I did it as shown in this thread:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...wheels/206369-ls1-f-body-rear-brake-swap.html

Note that I boxed the housing bracket to be less flexible.

RemoveBeforeFlight