Rear Disk Brakes on 79 LeSabre

beygon

I just put a new set of rear disk cailpers on my 79 LeSabre. I can't figure out how to adjust these things. Everyone tells me they are a bear to adjust but never tell me how.
Anyone out there ever adjusted these, I think they also came on some other Buicks of the era as well as some Caddys of that period.

Thanks,

Dean

Those are the same style of calipers used on 79-85 E-body(ElDo,Riviera) and the 79-81 Trans Am and 3rd gen F-body so you might be able to find some info in those shop manuals. I think they self adjust. I have a Riv with them but have never had to adjust them so I'm not much help there.

BTW, Only the 77-80 Buick B and C bodies and 77-79 Cadillac C-body got the 4 wheel disc option for GM full size cars. That is one rare option. The only option rarer IMO is the real wire wheels available in 78 and 79.

This is a 79 Turbo with the four wheel disk option, they should adjust when you use the emergency brake but don't. There is, I am told, a way to adjust from under the car but, know one can tell me how, except it is difficult. This car is listed in the for sale section and there are pictures of it on the BeforeBlack sight.
Thanks

Dean