rear discs

Lugnutz

my gn is pretty factory and slightly worn out. i am just begining to clean her up and would like to throw some discs on the rear. are there any cars that had rear discs that can be used on an 87 gn?

I've been interested in this too, would like to hear some stories about cost and part #'s. I think there were a few donor cars from the 70's that you can use, perhaps try a search for rear disc brakes would help you.

you can use mid 80's iroc/firebird rotors stock front g-body caliper on weld on brakets from circle track supplier like midwest motorsports or speedway motors. whole conversion about $150 bucks plus welding.

Soon Rick Elam

will be posting some stuff here. I got my set of rears and I think they are about a grand or so. I waited till they got the ebrake portion done and will be road racing the car in Sept. The whole thing comes as a kit and is very complete. Contact Rick Elam at Baer Brakes for more info. He is WHITE T on here and can be contacted at
RICKE@BAER.COM
Bruce
WE4

Since Bruce brought up Baer....

The kit is $925 list for slotted and zinc washed rotors and is complete for a G body rear.

Jack Cotton is doing a GP and MAY be able to order them for you if you hurry. He has enough orders but I added the rear brake kit to my fronts early this week. Give him a call if interested.

Certainly nowhere near as cheap as the do it yourself method.

Just an available alternative. :)

I'm definitely not going the expensive route but thanks for the info anyway. I want to scrounge some parts. I think I can lay hands on some TA/Camero parts (lot of those lying around west Ky:D ). I have a little welding experience and may try this myself. Advice from anyone who has done this themselves would be appreciated!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the intro! :)

Our rear systems start at $825 and include single piston PBR aluminum calipers that are mounted to 12" x .810" directionally vaned rotors. These systems will also include brackets, hardware, braided brake hoses, brake pads, park brake cables and a shock relocation kit.

Hope that helps, any other questions feel free to contact me direct!

Thanks
Rick Elam
Baer Brake Systems

Hi, call Power Brake Service at (800) 504 - 1060, and they can answer all your questions. If any of you are looking for a solution to the problems with the powermaster unit then check out the post ihave in the parts for sale section, it's titled Hydroboost brake conversion, it goes into full detail about how the unit works and why you should not get a vacuum conversion, why the powermaster doesn't work that well, and why it was put on your car in the first place