Rear discs on GN axle?

2wd S10 rotors. if you can find a complete 2wd S10 or 93-97 or 98-02 Camaro/Firebird setup, that would be the best. but if you run across a Caprice setup first, then get that and get the S10 rotors to match it up. but, like i said, i'm not 100% sure the rotors will work, but all the specs match up on the NAPA site.
also be prepared to buy brand new caliper mounting brackets and guide pins, since it is a corrosion-prone design that likes to lock the caliper guide pins in the brackets.

Man, I appreciate it. I had NO idea where to start besides I heard they would fit. I will start looking for the S-10 rears now. Thanks for the help!

Paul

OK guys. Three different options. Aftermarket, partial aftermarket, or factory. The easiest conversion is to use a dirt track bracket from smileys or some other dirt track part supplier and uses the original metric rear unit, but for calipers uses a riveara/toronado rear disc caliper. The next option is to modify the rear flange to use the S-10, camaro rear disc bracket set up. It is the most complete and easiest to replace part wise,but is somewhat labor intensive. The third option is to switch to aftermarket. Cheapest is the dirt track or S-10/camaro set up.:biggrin: Now as far as drilled holes or machined slots in a rotor, The cooling rate is increased exponentially by either. The stregnth issue is the big question. The slots provide a "wiping" effect for the pads which keep glazing to a minimum but don't allow for cooling as much as drilled rotors. If you can get "dimpled and slotted" rotors you will be ahead of the game. As far as fronts the least expensive of all is the last gen S-10 blazer/Xtream spindle and caliper conversion. Dual piston and 11" rotors.:eek:
Charlie

Being least expensive is a hard call on which brake system to go with. If you do it all yourself, buy salvage yard (good condition) parts, replace bearings, races, seals, pads, ect., you can do the LSX/F-body swap on all four corners for under $350.00. IMO you will be hard pressed to get a better brake system than the F-body brakes other than going to Corvette or high $ after market brakes such as Baer.
To me the biggest difference in which brake system to go with (other than after market) is having the ability and resources to do the swap of the F-body, S-10, ect brakes and what wheels will fit with the brakes you will be running on the car. If you plan on running 14" wheels, you are going to be more limited on your choices.
As for which rotors to go with, if you are just cruising or a simple daily driver, stock rotors are a fairly good choice, inexpensive and will get the job done. If you decide to "upgrade" your rotors for racing or a little better braking force, I agree with charlief1, go with slotted and dimpled rotors.

That's the thing also. I have stock 14" wheels now, but was thinking of going up to 16". if I keep the 14" I think I'm limited to the S-10 units.

i wish they showed a pic of the mounting bracket in that ebay ad, since they listed the 74-79 Nova as a car that it fits. the Nova had the old 4 bolt axle flange, which is different than the G and F body flange.
i'm guessing they just looked up what cars came with a 7.5 in them, and then listed those as cars that it fits. of course, if they did it that way, then why wasn't the Monza/Sunbird listed?

For a picture of the bracket go to:
Scarebird Classic Brakes LLC
That is the ebay sellers website.

The Monza / Sunbird used the old style 4 bolt flange. Remember that axle design dates from the 1970 Vega.

The 7.5 Regal and the 8.5 GN axle brake flange is the same.

I'll also need to change the proportioning valve, correct? Are the Summit ones good? I E-mailed the seller to ask him which flange it will fit, Nova style or GN....