rear disc conversion question

derick's gn

how much if any does this conversion change the backspacing.
i would like to do one looking at a couple of different ones.
one being the ssbc and the other the right stuff one.
i am also going to be buying new wheels thats why i would like to know if it does change the backspacing.
i was told it spaces it out about 1/4 to 1/2 inch further.

thanks
tom

That is usually the case but it mainly depends upon the manufacture of which brake set up you go with.

I have the ssbc disc conversion and with this kit you can run the stock gn wheels. I have also installed the baer brake kit on my friends gn but he has to run a different wheel. Both kits are good and come with excellent instructions on the install.

That is usually the case but it mainly depends upon the manufacture of which brake set up you go with.
scott
you are the one that just quoted me the wheels i am going to buy from you.
that is why i am checking just to make sure that i get the backspacing correct.
so if it does change why does it change.is caliper out further?
and has anyone done either the ssbc or the right stuff conversion.

tom

I did the LS1 rear brake converson and it's roughly 1/4" further out. I also had to put longer studs in the axle to take up the difference.

Yes I have done the ssbc kit and I have no issues wither the 4.5 backspace
which ssbc kit did you use? i did the ssbc front calipers and generic rotors from summit and wow what a difference. but am wanting to replace the alum drums with disc. my rims are so so tight i cant afford to move out. mine are 17x9 w/ 4.5bs fenders rolled but will rubb sometimes

I did the ssbc rear conversion kit and the stock gn wheels fit. The 17s you have should have no issues. I also did the baer rear disc conversion on my buddies car but the stock gn wheels don't fit because of the inner wheel design. He has a set of torque thrust 17s with a 4.5 bs and a set of weld prostars 15/10 with 4.5 bs and mt street drags. I like both kits.

the summit brand is an ssbc brand i looked in the box and its only 485 its bk 1333 part number

I found the front kit and it said no smaller than 17s. I don't know if the front kit changed your offset but I know the rear kit did not change mine

The one on summit that is the cheaper one says it will not fit gbody 82-88 applications at the bottom of the specs