Rear Control Arm Bushings

DavidM

What are you guys using on stock REAR Upper/Lower Control Arms for bushings? What about the Rear Differential bushings?

I did some searching but looks like all I found was talk on the front end. I understand the rear is not as important.

I would like to stay away from polyurethane and go with a rubber bushing.

I looked up Moog and they are only showing K6178 for the rear bushing. Do all 8 locations use the same bushing?

Rear Lower Control Arms have been boxed.
Car is a street car.

Thanks guys.

Funny . . . . I was just looking for the same answer a few hours ago.

Pace, do the polys effect the Buick ride quality?

I want to go with Poly but been reading it might squeak especially since you can't grease the Polyurethane bushings from Energy Suspension.

Currently my GN has all the frame braces and rear seat brace. It has stiff MOOG springs 5660/5413 with Bilsteins. I also just added Polyurethane body bushings.

I put all new stock ones in this summer. That looks like the right Moog part number. Make sure you support the inside of the arm with something. I used a piece of exhaust pipe and make a half sleeve to put around the hole so the sides of the control arms won't mash in when installing. I used the Autozone bushing tool to install as well as push out the old ones. I pushed out the center sleeve, then pounded out the rubber and finally crushed the outer sleeve. Once you get the hang of it it's not too bad. The HR Parts N Stuff tool is invaluable for removing the ones in the rearend. I borrowed one from a member here and it was totally worth the shipping cost.

I want to go with Poly but been reading it might squeak especially since you can't grease the Polyurethane bushings from Energy Suspension.

Currently my GN has all the frame braces and rear seat brace. It has stiff MOOG springs 5660/5413 with Bilsteins. I also just added Polyurethane body bushings.

Poly does more than squeak. It will cause a wreck. The rear suspension requires lateral movement to work. Poly eliminates that lateral compliance. You end up with a rear end that can't roll properly in a turn. It'll bind up on you and you'll snap oversteer into a ditch or a tree.

^^^^^What he said, I used Johny Joints from Currie enterprises in my car and so far I'm happy with them. These eliminate binding by allowing 30 degrees of articulation. There is also a Spohn version too called Del-Sphere Pivot Joints that I think may be more affordable but I've never used them.

Paul

i run heim joint end dbl adjustable upper and lower control arms with wolfe racecraft aluminum pivot bushings in the axle ears ..absolutely no bind
with HRparts weld in frame braces at the front lower mounts and Hrparts HD rear swaybar