rear brakes

84buickregal

some basic(dumb) questions. I'm doin the brakes on my 84 buick regal turbo. It has an 8.5 out of an 87 turbo T. I wanted to know if the brake drums and shoes are interchangeable between all g-bodies, wether it be a 8.5 or the 7.5

My car came with out a charcoal canister, im sick of the exhaust fumes comming back to me, i spoke with a member here who said if i need a canister then i could use one from a FWD 3.8 gm car, so i grabbed one from a 90 buick regal, but i cant find the plus that goes into the sensor, any one know where this plug is?

any gm car and truck with the 9 inch drum is the same.

there should of been a 2 wire red plug by the air filter mabe it got cut off but the wires are in the loom in that area, have to cut the loom to find the wires. the connecter has been discontinued from gm so go back the the 90 regal and cut the conector from that with as much wire as you can get to splice to whats left of the harness

i spoke with a member here who said if i need a canister then i could use one from a FWD 3.8 gm car, so i grabbed one from a 90 buick regal

Yep anything with 9.5" drums on it uses the same parts.

You got the wrong part. You need a canister from a 85-91 C/H-Body. The FWD Regal is a W-Body. The C/H-Body is the Park Ave/LeSabre and FWD Bonneville. It should have the correct purge valve on it so your plug will fit it.